PDA

View Full Version : 737 NG Recall Items

Alltheway
26th Jun 2009, 14:20
Dear All,

I've recently started my NG Type Rating and wondered if anyone has Memory Aid's for Recall Item's please?

Any info welcome - claudio(at)netsolutionswales.co.uk (Spam Blocker)

Safe Flying.

Nightrider
28th Jun 2009, 07:28
Claudio, when dealing with memory items, they will become clearer and more intuitive with the knowledge gained about the individual system.
If you do not see the picture behind your action, you may perform an irreversable situation, know what you are doing.
Learning recall items by heart can be done, it is not necessary.

Recall items are just a requirement to put you and the ship in a manageable situation which needs to be dealt with at a later, safer time.

You need to know your recall items, get me right, but understand the systems and you will most probably logically go for them.

There are items in the QRH which are not recall items, however, you and most of us are performing them as recall items; i.e. CTR Fuel Pumps to OFF when tanks are empty.....See what I mean?

vwreggie
28th Jun 2009, 22:07
Claudio recalls come after a process announce(first person to see a problem calls it) identify (time taken to anyalyse and agree on the nature of the malfunction/problem) confirm is the PF agreeing with the PNF assessment, commence recalls for ..... or standby til such a point or altitude if there is no immediate need for recalls. Recalls seek to achieve a quite quick corrective switching to protect systems or preserve what you have left. Look at your checklists and system knowledge based around that concept and know why you are selecting a switch off or on and sit in front of a cockpit picture to mimic moving your hands. There is a kids english song about the hip bone being conected to the thigh bone etc. eg loss of thrust on both engines. engine start switches flt. why flt and not cont? Well flt provides ignition to both ignitors when the engine start lever is in idle but cont provides ignition to the selected ignitors when the engine is operating and the start lever is in idle or cont provides ignition to both igniters when the N2 is below idle and the engine start lever is in idle. Result is flt will give you both igniters regardless and cont will give you both igniters below a certain N2 only. So first a read through and practice the recalls because why is not as important as doing it. Second and higher performance will come with systems knowledge associated with your recalls. good luck

Alltheway
2nd Jul 2009, 13:26
Hi Both,

Many thanks for your detailed and informative replies.

I have taken both of your advice and am neck high in the CBT.

I'm not looking for any shortcuts but wondered if you know of any Boeing Question Bank's as I find these help put my knowledge into application. I've tried 737.org and smartcockpit but actual Boeing Questions would be ideal.

Many thanks once again.

Feel free to contact direct claudio(at)netsolutionswales.co.uk