PDA

View Full Version : CASA approved "Australian Instructor" in the UK / Europe for BFR

McSteff
26th Jun 2009, 11:29
Hello,

I am living in London and am looking for a CASA approved "Australian Instructor" who can provide training and sign off:

- BFR
- Training to obtain a logbook entry to fly in CTA, Radar controlled airspace etc. Currently only hold Oz PPL without this logbook entry

Will fly anywhere in Europe.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steffen

172driver
26th Jun 2009, 14:33
Suggest you give CASA a call/email. They are extremely helpful, as I can personally attest.

paulthornton
27th Jun 2009, 11:02
Hi,

I didn't have any luck when I was trying to find someone to do my BFR in the UK earlier this year.

I spoke to a number of schools but all of them said that they had no-one who could do it. I have to admit I didn't try calling CASA - they might have a list of instructors outside of Australia though.

I did find a doctors near Gatwick that revalidated my class 2 CASA medical for me; but that seems much simpler to do outside of the country than a BFR.

If you do find anyone, please let us know!

Thanks,

Paul.

S-Works
27th Jun 2009, 12:40
Have you consider converting to a JAA licence? It might make more sense if you intend to fly.

I seem to recall if you have more than 100 hours you can just do the air law exam and an LST.

paulthornton
27th Jun 2009, 14:28
Hi,

Now I have a JAA medical, that is exactly what I'm doing - I thought I was going to have a bigger problem than I did getting through the eyesight test due to prescription difference between my eyes.

I have to do air law, human factors, and a skills test but I've failed dismally for the last month to get myself into gear, out of the office, and down to EGKR to sort it all out!

When I'm next in Sydney, I'll brush off the old Aussie PPL and get that revalidated too :)

Paul.

Charlie Foxtrot India
27th Jun 2009, 15:23
Sounds like it would be easier for you to convert to the JAR if you are going to be living there for a while.

What does your licence say about airspace? Does it say OCTA only or not specify?

I'll be there in Sept but my AOC is for Australia and VH registered aircraft only, I think that is what would stop anyone from being able to do an AFR overseas. Also my UK quals expired several years ago!

Good luck