PDA

View Full Version : Hours validity

Brgsstm
23rd Jun 2009, 13:10
Hi all,

I have not flown since October of 08. Up until then I had around 30 hours and had completed 3 hours of solo circuits.

My father is unwell at present hence the lack of flying but I am concerned that I have wasted the 30 hours I already have under my belt if I dont go flying soon. How long are they valid for? My exams are starting to expire slowly but I have no problem doing them again. It is the hours I have built that I am concerned about. What will happen to them if I cannot fly for another year for example?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tom

BEagle
23rd Jun 2009, 14:03
I am concerned that I have wasted the 30 hours I already have under my belt if I dont go flying soon. How long are they valid for?

They are valid FOR EVER!! Don't worry; obviously you'll be a bit rusty when you come back to flying, but your hours will still be valid.

Hope your father recovers soon!

Brgsstm
23rd Jun 2009, 15:19
Thank you so much, I was so worried about this. You have made my day :)

And thanks for the kind words :)

flightlevel1985
23rd Jun 2009, 17:46
I had the same scenario back in the day when I did my PPL. I did 35 hours and then had a break for various reasons for nearly three years. As has already been pointed out, you will be rusty, but it didnt take long for me to get back in the saddle as such. Good luck :ok:

italianjon
23rd Jun 2009, 19:59
Yeah me too... I had about 4 hours from 1996... then 20 from 2000... and then finished my PPL in 2005... all hours counted towards the licence issue. So loads of examples on here... you'll be fine...

To echo sentiments on here, hope all works out for the best.

Brgsstm
24th Jun 2009, 15:09
Thanks so much guy's, what a great place this is. I like many on here have dreams of one day flying the big jets :cool:

Just hope I wont be too old as I am 27 already :}