PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Info - An appreciation.

bibendum
22nd Jun 2009, 10:43
Please excuse the cross posting from the Flyer Forum, but this bit of good news needed a wider airing.

Fellow pilot Dominic and I had an epic trip not to get to Glenforsa on Saturday. During the trip we came accross a wide range of exceptionally kind, understanding and helpful people, one of which was whoever was on Scottish Info from around 1700 to 1830.

Dominic was flying while I was Comms & Nav. I think I actually spoke to Scottish more than I did to Dom. After our initial call we changed route a couple of times due weather, he obtained the latest weather from all over the place, checked the status of Danger areas and got us the frequency for Castle Kennedy at the same time making sure we knew about other traffic in the Solway area. Once we decided to divert to Carlisle, and without being asked, he called Glenforsa to say we weren't coming, checked the opening hours for Carlisle and advised us it closed at 1830 (our eta overhead was 1824!), called Carlisle and let them know we were inbound and then, after checking our intentions advised that they were getting numbers for taxi's and hotels. I am sure that if Carlisle hadn't been able to do that he would have arranged a taxi, booked a hotel, sorted out dinner and paid for the drinks too.

So, whoever you were on Scottish Info on Saturday evening, the crew of G-BODE salute you :salut:

Once again, thank's for the service and we owe you a beer. :cheers:

modelman
22nd Jun 2009, 12:10
Fisbangwallop take a bow for yourself and workmates-they looked after me handsomely on my first trip to Mull last year.

MM

Shunter
22nd Jun 2009, 18:50
Without wanting to inflate heads excessively, permit me to also add my appreciation for the service Scottish provide. I've been flying a fair bit in the borders of late, often in solid IMC for extended periods, and they're always top notch.

jonkil
22nd Jun 2009, 21:51
They always go the extra mile. Nothing but praise for them. Handling a gaggle of crazy flying Irishmen is bound to be a nightmare !!...always courteous and helpful.
Take a bow folks, you deserve it.

Jon
Ikarus C42
G-CCCT