PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand's new (June 2009) immigration skills list including gliding instructor

MartinCh
17th Jun 2009, 03:43
Immigration NZ (PDF direct link) ISSL (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/89185A40-27D3-41F4-84BE-30129920411D/0/ISSL.pdf) as of 15 June 2009.

Funny to see that. They removed lots of trades from the list, kept beekeeper but 'renamed' it to Apiarist. Ehm, bit of discourse..

Anyway, Flight instructor (glider pilot instructor).
I'm not sure whether some big clubs complained about lack of willing instructors or the gliding scene is so booming (wouldn't be a surprise).
Maybe it's just a random thing, maybe even powered (FW or RW) instructor would make it to the list for a while. Once the airlines start to hire like crazy, maybe then.

They still keep skydiving instructor and skydiving tandem master on the list.

rusty sparrow
17th Jun 2009, 09:02
Wish I was a Kiwi! Went there last year and was knocked out by the quality of life and attitude. Too old and in the wrong job to emigrate though!

MartinCh
18th Jun 2009, 01:36
Immigration New Zealand (http://www.immigration.govt.nz)
1. Requirements

To apply under the Skilled Migrant Category, you must meet our requirements. You need to be aged from 20-55 (inclusive). You also have to meet our standards of health, character, and English language proficiency before you start the process.

Well, seeing your age as 55, if you can document some experience, skilled according to their LTSSL or ISSL (though ISSL may land you only work permit, not PR straight away, for which it could be bit late by the time you have more NZ experience), you COULD do it.
You can also check out 'retiring' in NZ. Just like many folks do in Australia and other sunny states - so long they can afford it from their rental income and comprehensive health insurance etc.

Yeah, I'm rotorhead in heart, but adore gliding as well. Finally got about doing 'real' gliding last year. I think many of us don't appreciate what we have in the backyard, having grown up in own country. Kiwis flock to the UK and Australia. Brits and Irish flock the other way (I don't blame them).

Also, one can go on holidays and try to organise job offer in person. Submitting work permit/EOI for PR onshore with job offer for skilled job shouldn't be too hard or lengthy.