PDA

View Full Version : Microlight to GA Licence Question

snapper41
16th Jun 2009, 10:32
I have an NPPL(M) and regularly fly a C42 in which I own a share. If I wanted to convert my licence to GA, is it simply a case of some hours conversion time, or are there different/extra exams to be taken? Any other considerations? Thanks!

airborne_artist
16th Jun 2009, 12:01
Discussed here:

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-309137.html

JohnHarris
16th Jun 2009, 16:21
Microlight to GA Licence Question
I have an NPPL(M) and regularly fly a C42 in which I own a share. If I wanted to convert my licence to GA, is it simply a case of some hours conversion time, or are there different/extra exams to be taken? Any other considerations? Thanks!

Why ever would you want to downgrade ? :}

BEagle
16th Jun 2009, 17:00
The holder of a valid NPPL with Microlight Class Rating or UK PPL (M) licence without restrictions who wishes to obtain a SSEA Class Rating shall:

a. Produce the NPPL or UK PPL (M);

b. Produce logbook evidence of currency on Microlight aircraft;

c. Carry out such SSEA conversion training as is judged necessary by the FI(A) or CRI(SPA) conducting the training to achieve the required standard for the applicant to take the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA. This training must include:

(1) Not less than 1 hour of dual instrument appreciation;

(2) 2 hours stall awareness/spin avoidance training;

(3) Differences training for Microlight pilots whose Microlight flying has been solely on flexwing aircraft;

(4) Not less than the 32 hours required minimum total flight time for the NPPL with SSEA Class Rating, which may be a combination of both Microlight and SSEA flying.

d. Pass the JAR-FCL PPL (A) theoretical examination in Aircraft (General) & Principles of Flight;

e. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate;

f. Pass the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA.

For the holder of a PPL (M) with operating restrictions, the requirements shall further include:

g. The whole of the navigation training required for the NPPL with SSEA Class Rating;

h. The completion of a minimum of 10 hours total solo flying which may be a combination of Microlight and SSEA flying.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/Internet/zxzxz.jpg