PDA

View Full Version : canadian licience conversion

norwester33
14th Jun 2009, 19:15
Hey people

From down under and have a Canadian work visa,looking at converting to a Canadian CPLA,any figures on this regards to the exams and flight test I have to take(going off Canadian transport site)and any other advice(work prospects etc(I know the locals deserve them all)), Have read some other posts regarding similar threads so if you want to lynch me at the airport and drag my burning carcass through town maybe give replying to this thread a miss but your still welcome anyway,
thank you for your time chaps,look forward to the sporting replys:ok:

Rhys Perraton
16th Jun 2009, 13:19
Hello Kiwi, as you didn't seem to get any replies here is something for you.
If you have a valid ICAO CPL you can convert to Canadian by doing:
1. Class 1 Canadian medical
2. CPL written exams.
3. Passing the CPL flight test.
4. Meet the hours requirements for issue of the licence.
If you want to have an instrument rating you would also need to pass the IFR written and flight tests.

I don't know much about the job market but I do know that a qualified pilot who gets off his a**e and looks for work, instead of sitting around whining about why he hasn't got a job, is likely to be successful.

Good Luck !!

norwester33
16th Jun 2009, 18:53
cheers for the reply mate,hoping to be over soon and will look around vancouver for a school to do the conversion,
all the best:ok:

YHZChick
16th Jun 2009, 19:05
did you check here already?

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/general/personnel/fore.htm

.air
17th Jun 2009, 06:13
4. Meet the hours requirements for issue of the licence.???

Is there a req for complex or multi engine time to issue CPL single engine?What are the details of check ride?