cooper1976
12th Jun 2009, 07:27
anybody got any ifo on any good schools close to lincoln to start my PPL

Andy_20
12th Jun 2009, 07:33
for a cheap good school, check out waddingtonflyers.org

cooper1976
12th Jun 2009, 08:25
i have been working at waddo, did nt realise that civilians could get access to the school. thought it was service personel only but im obviously wrong. Have you any experience here then ?

Andy_20
12th Jun 2009, 09:14
Yeah, its where i got my PPL. Im service personnel, but im 99% sure that civilians can use it to. Best thing to do would be to contact the club Waddington Flying Club (http://www.waddingtonflyers.org/), as im no longer in lincoln so i use a different club now. Theyre all really helpful and the aircraft are kept in great condition. Prices are good too.
:ok:

Keygrip
12th Jun 2009, 10:54
Cooper.

Are you planning to make this into a weekly question?

You asked this on June 7th - just five days ago.

It's been moved to "Private Flying"....because that's what it is about.

goatface
12th Jun 2009, 20:16
Same reply that I took the trouble to give you on the June 07th & probably the 19th, 26th, 03 July etc.........:rolleyes:

Wickenby Flying club at Wickenby Airfield:
Learn to fly with Fly365

01673 885111.

A bit further north there are a couple of schools at Humberside:

Humber Flying Club

Flying Lessons in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Telephone : +44 (0)1652 680746

Run by John Greenfield who's been around for yonks and has a very good reputation.
The outfit may appear to be a bit industrial at first sight, but they know their stuff there and are very good at what they do.

Frank Morgan School of Flying
Frank Morgan School of Flying

Telephone 01652 688859
Facsimile 01652 688827
Mobile 07891 219954

Unfortunately, aside from knowing the current owner from the past, I know nothing of what's going on at the moment.

Soloflight
Contact - Solo Flying School Humberside Airport JAA FAA

01652 688 833

I was good friends with it's founder Glen Stewart who, sadly popped his clogs a few years ago but Mel kept the place going and does a sterling job.
Ive no reason to think that they're any better or worse than the others and I'm sure they'll give you value for money.

Shop and ask around, visit as many of the places as you can and, if you can justify the cost, take a trial flight with each.
Your first impressions will count for a great deal - a fact which some establishments forget these days.

goatface

Eliteaircare
13th Jun 2009, 15:49
Waddington is limited to Service men/women, Dependants, MOD employees, cadets and the like (GAI 1032 documents membership criteria). It is only possible for civillians to join if they have a skill/service/facility that could benefit the club that cannot be provided by the Service. Hence, some civillian inctructors, Aircaft Owners etc.

Sturgate or Wickenby will be your best choices.

GyroSteve
14th Jun 2009, 10:16
At Wickenby you ahve the choise of flex-wing or three-axis microlights, fixed wing, plus aeros, Tiger Moth etc etc - and, or course, gyros!!

Zulu Alpha
14th Jun 2009, 19:20
Try Wickenby. Now owned by Gerald Cooper who is on the British Unlimited aerobatic team.

Lots of choice about training there (microlights, gyrocopters or 'normal' PPL)and lots of interesting aircraft and pilots. The Spanish aerobatic team will be practicing there in Mid August.

DJ