PDA

View Full Version : EGLL CTR Infringer 24/05/09 approx 15:55 ??

Leezyjet
25th May 2009, 19:09
Driving along the M3 yesterday afternoon, I spotted a SEP flying low heading in a North East direction towards Sunbury, but on reaching the M3, it turned and then began heading West. It was a Cessna 210, looked to be blue and white and flying fairly low, it didn't seem that much higher than the top of that big ride at Thorpe Park just at the other side of the motorway. It was also flying quite slowly too, as I was in the car and I was catching it up ;)

EGLL was on the 09's too, and some of the westerly depts on the CPT 5J were turning and flying right over where he was, albeit they were much higher by that point.

Had a look on the chart, and it is definately well inside the EGLL ctr, but where I saw it (E of the M25, N of Brooklands), is also a couple of miles outside of the EGTF zone too, so unless it was there with permission, it would definately have been infringing.

Just wondered if it was and had caused any problems for EGLL ?.

:hmm:

Fly-by-Wife
25th May 2009, 19:27
Not necessarily infringing if under SVFR.

I have flown under an SVFR in that area, routing from the South to White Waltham, following the M25 into the CTR, passing between Brooklands and Fairoaks, then via Thorpe interchange (M25 -M3) to Ascot racecourse, then WW.

I've also departed Fairoaks North to Thorpe, then Ascot, Burnham and out towards Bovingdon.

The clearance in both cases was not above 1000 feet. Obviously one must be mindful of the 500 foot and alight clear rules (if SEP). Plenty of green spaces, though.

FBW

ATCO Two
25th May 2009, 19:35
As FBW says, this is a common routeing for SVFR aircraft both on easterlies and westerlies at EGLL, and is no cause for concern.

Leezyjet
26th May 2009, 20:27
I wasn't sure as it seemed like he made such an abrupt heading change, almost as if is was "oh :mad:, theres the M3, I must be in the LHR CTR, so better get the :mad: out of here", and I travel in that area fairly often and had never seen an SEP around there before.

Cheers for clearing that up.

:ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th May 2009, 20:51
I spent most of my life in ATC and never heard of an "SEP" before. What's that please?

mcgoo
26th May 2009, 20:57
Single Engine Piston

Talkdownman
26th May 2009, 21:51
HD might remember the SEP class as ' Group 'A' '

cambioso
27th May 2009, 07:47
You'll remember it Bren, as a Bleriot Monoplane...........................!!!
Hope you're well,
Jez

A and C
27th May 2009, 11:42
With all the people who are trying to shut down light aviation a thread like this is a bit like shooting yourself in the foot.

The internet search will pull this happening up as an "infringment" when the pilot in question was just doing a perfectly normal SVFR zone transit.

No doubt the fleet street press won't read this far down the thread as all the "dirt" is at the top.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th May 2009, 12:28
You'll remember it Bren, as a Bleriot Monoplane...........................!!!
Hope you're well,
Jez

Aaahhh.. SEP=Clockwork Mouse!!!!!!!! Not too bad thanks Jez.. Take care.

Leezyjet
27th May 2009, 13:03
A+C,

What a load of rubbish, there is no "dirt" at all. Are we not allowed to ask questions or have a discussion on a pilot forum anymore ?.

I could have been alot more controversial with the wording, but I thought I'd worded it in a more questioning way rather than an outright statement of fact as some others on here would have done.

:hmm: