PDA

View Full Version : Lymington

Genghis the Engineer
25th May 2009, 10:51
Not for the first time yesterday, flying down for a gratuitous £150 cheese and pickle sandwich on the Isle of Wight, I noticed a very nice looking grass runway and hangar about a mile east of Lymington.

It's not on any of my charts, so presumably is somebody's private strip. I confess, I'd love to be able to use it - Lymington is one of my favourite places and the idea of a day or weekend of flying + Lymington sounds great.

Is anybody able to tell me if the strip is potentially useable, and if so who I can contact to ask nicely?

G

(I'm guessing that as the strip isn't listed anywhere the answer is no, but no harm in asking!)

hedgehopper
25th May 2009, 11:25
Genghis check your PM

HH

IMC1
19th Jun 2009, 12:16
Hello, As a PPL who lives in Lymington and has a share of a PA28 out of Bournemouth. I would love to fly into Lymington...any more information? many thanks

Wander00
19th Jun 2009, 16:13
I think you will find that strip has a D-Day history, but watch my mate's house on final!

Wander00

Wingvet
30th May 2010, 21:24
As a newcomer to the forum I just wondered if there was an answer to the Lymington question. I am hoping to drop my son off as close to Lymington as possible tomorrow afternoon. The strip described would be ideal. Any idea who to contact to ask permission?

sigibbons
18th Sep 2010, 10:13
Guys this is a private airstrip owned by a very wealthy local.

It is called 'Newtown Park Airstrip', there are a few light aircraft in the hangar there, you would have to go and have a chat and see if they permit use of the strip to others.