PDA

View Full Version : Best PPL training school @ Barton Aerodrome (Manchester City Airport) to train at?

Matt Everson
19th May 2009, 14:05
Hello,

I am just about to start my PPL, but I have a choice of schools to do it with at Barton, and I am not sure which one I should do it.

If you could shed a light on any past/current experiences or any kind of knowledge which one I should go with, please let me know, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt

GIZZAJOB
19th May 2009, 17:19
Matey , the best way is to visit them all and see what suits you the best , Speak to the instructors speak to the students and best of all go into the clubhouse and speak to the old allekadoos most of them have been there years . You will quickly gauge from the attitude of the instructors , their demeanour their enthusiasm etc etc toward you as to which organisation suits you best. I am biased and would say look at flight academy blackpool who run a satellite at barton , but i trained with ravenair when they were solely based at lpl, I have also experience of LAC they are also very good Martin and Louis are spot on.
So have agood look round and go where you feel your business is wanted , remember its your money and an awful lot of it

igarratt
23rd May 2009, 21:45
maybe have a think about liverpool, i tried barton after msf at manchester closed (live 2 mins from mcr ap) but found it so restrictive with no nav aids, water logged runway and some days can be an added mare with so much circuit traffic esp the micro lights that are doing half your speed.

at the time even with the extra travel liverpool worked out cheaper too.

they haven't got the massive fleet and big fto status but that has it's benefits but maybe go see Mersey flight highly recommended.

Flying School Liverpool | Flight Lessons Merseyside - Merseyflight (http://www.merseyflight.co.uk)

bencoulthard
24th May 2009, 18:47
I flew at Barton for 1 main reason, if you can grass strip, then tarmac is a luxury.

I think, more importantly than which school, is which instructor. I recommend you try at least 3 lessons with 3 different instructors, be they at the same club/school whatever. You need someone you are comfortable with in a learning and stressful environment.

Good luck whichever route you take.

Matt Everson
25th May 2009, 15:43
Thanks for all your responses.

Its good to see different point of views.

Can't wait to start now.