PDA

View Full Version : PPL Flying for a Newbie

kittyhawk3734
9th May 2009, 15:10
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me?

I'm just in the process off moving down near to LGW,(transferring base with my airline), and with a view to do my PPL, i'd love to be taught by a really good instructor, as I would love to someday instruct, I have been considering doing some flying stateside, but find it hard to choose a school, and not to sure? is there a lot of difference between there and here?
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

A ppl at redhill aerodrome is about £6500 give or take which is a lot of money, any information from anyone would be most grateful!!!

Thank you in advance:)

Saab Dastard
9th May 2009, 15:55
The best thing you can do right now is to have a look in this forum and the Pro Training forum at the information that's already there.

For example, there's a sticky at the top of this page about training in the USA.

By all means use the Search function - concentrate on the 2 forums I have mentioned above.

SD

kittyhawk3734
9th May 2009, 16:00
thank you for your help :)

jamestkirk
9th May 2009, 18:04
Try popping down to Shoreham.

Airspace is not a limiting as Redhill. Wonderful scenery. And a great airfield to learn at as it can be very busy.

I used to instruct down there and believe its a great place. I can be un-biased as I now live in Scotland and am not affiliated with any school down there anymore.

PM me if you want more info.