PDA

View Full Version : License

dash8pilotCanada
9th May 2009, 12:03
Anyone know what the procedure is to replace a lost CPL and medical certificate?

flyndad
9th May 2009, 17:31
Just pop into your local Transport office and they will print off copies.

777AV8R
10th May 2009, 17:18
And while you're at it, apply for your new format license. Bring a couple of passport sized pictures with you, sign your name to a couple pieces of paper and voila..2 weeks later...a new license with everything included.

Carrier
10th May 2009, 19:11
Quote: “...2 weeks later...a new license with everything included.”

Unlikely! I did everything at a TC office in early January. It was three and a half months before my booklet turned up in the mail. Others have been waiting for well over half a year.

Everything is not included! There is no provision for radio licence, PPC card, Dangerous Goods certificate, etc, all of which used to fit in a leather pilot licence holder along with the paper licence and medical certificate. The new Booklet will not fit in the leather licence holder.

Whoever implemented the TC booklet had no consideration whatsoever for the users. The FAA took a different and more intelligent route. They now have a credit card size plastic licence compete with photo. This will fit in the existing leather licence holders. It’s too bad TC did not ask the Americans to help them but instead intransigently ignored all the protests and went out of their way to impose a user-unfriendly licence booklet.

flyndad
10th May 2009, 20:46
So far been waiting three months for my licence to show up. The funny thing is I called Transport and when I asked them what the delay was thy informed me there was a backlog and a staffing shortage. I have recently done my medical and within a couple of weeks there was a letter asking for their admin fee, no shortage there when you owe them something, go figure.

208Cpt
10th May 2009, 21:13
Depends on the region. In the Pacific region they will have to you within a few weeks, I hear in the prairies people are waaaaaaaiitng a long time for them.

Fingersmac
11th May 2009, 04:23
Everything is not included! There is no provision for radio licence, PPC card, Dangerous Goods certificate, etc

There is a spot in the new license for PPC/PCC records. I carry a bag with me so everything is kept in there. I believe you can buy license holders for the new booklet format. If not just clip your DG, WHMIS, radio license to the back of the booklet with a paperclip or something. Those aren't TC's responsibility anyways.

I got mine in less than 1 month. I submitted my application through the Thunder Bay, ON office.

Although I'd prefer a credit card style license like the FAA, I think this is a huge improvement over those ridiculous paper licenses.

Dnapps
11th May 2009, 04:57
Got mine in three weeks from the Toronto office.

Dnapps

777AV8R
12th May 2009, 17:32
Mine was 18 days from Vancouver.

Chuck Ellsworth
13th May 2009, 03:11
I think this is a huge improvement over those ridiculous paper licenses.

Ridiculous????

You mean because you can keep them in your wallet in the slots that take credit card size documents.

Will this new abortion give you some new privileges the paper one doesn't?

Willie Everlearn
14th May 2009, 00:50
Will this new abortion give you some new privileges the paper one doesn't?

...hmmmm???
Maybe not. But it's a whole lot more difficult to forge.
My scanner and printer usually did one helluva job reproducing the old one, but this new one? Holy sh*t!

I like it and it only took about 10 weeks after I submitted my application to TC YUL.

777AV8R
14th May 2009, 07:20
'tis the reason that we have the new document.

Chuck Ellsworth
14th May 2009, 16:25
How many instances of forging of pilots licenses can you find in Canada?

Willie Everlearn
14th May 2009, 20:23
CE

...I wouldn't know. Would you?

How many instances outside Canada, where there's a greater instance of Licence Validations, have there been forgeries?

...I wouldn't know.
Would you?

(just curious, not being a smart Alec)

The new licence has it covered. I like it.

ea340
15th May 2009, 00:05
Chuck there was that problem at Westjet

Carrier
15th May 2009, 00:44
There was also a Canadian with an invalid licence flying for Caroline Islands Air a few years ago.

jurassic
22nd May 2009, 00:10
I know an ex cop who crashed his C-150 at night after running out of fuel. He had no night rating. He added his own night rating to his licence, but I guess the font didn't quite match because he got caught.

I'm sure in an accident investigation, a copy of his licence would be obtained from TC.

investdude
27th May 2009, 19:11
Jurrasic, you are correct.

Rosbif
28th May 2009, 18:10
3 days was all it took to get one from Hamilton. My Favourite office!:ok:

BeechNut
28th May 2009, 19:31
Sent my application in January, got my new format licence in February.

We now have microchip photo driver's licenses in Quebec to allow entry into the US. ISTM these new format licences are already outdated technology!

Beech

MidgetBoy
29th May 2009, 02:40
I sent mine in during October 08, when they first released the form. They said we could submit it when the form came out. I dropped mine off at the head office in Vancouver and all the TC officials said they haven't even given theirs in yet. Still haven't received mine.

sarcee
29th May 2009, 20:56
Sorry but the US license does not include a photo, unless you maybe look like Orville or Wilber Wright!!