PDA

View Full Version : How to get experience for Multi Instructor?

DeltaT
4th May 2009, 05:18
Realistic ideas on how to gain the 30PIC Multi time so I can do the course
for a Multi Instructor? (without taking out a loan!)

I've got all the IF hours to go straight into teaching IR, but I just can't seem to crack getting any Multi PIC time, well a multi job for that matter! lol

Got the horn
8th May 2009, 03:16
50 hours multi with 25 hours PinC for a multi instructor rating. Unless you can get your work to pay for it the only other option is to hire the cheapest multi you can find.

chongololo
8th May 2009, 14:35
I remember being stuck in same boat as you.
I flew as safety pilot in a twin with a guy a few times while he was under the hood and logged a couple of hours there.
I ferried a twin a couple of times to get some maintenence done on it.
The flight school I worked at helped me with some hours so that I could become a MEI for them.
Now granted the requirement here was only 15 hours multi-PIC, so your task is a little tougher.
Do you have to have the 30 hours before you start the course or before you start instructing in a twin?
If it's the latter then the hours taken to get the rating will add up towards the 30 hours required.
In short, beg, borrow or steal.
Good luck.

DeltaT
10th May 2009, 09:28
NZ: 25 Multi PIC
UK: 30 Multi PIC
Australia : 50 Multi PIC, upto 25 ICUS allowed
USA 15 Multi PIC by the looks

I was looking to cover UK mins, seems everyone in NZ takes their own students over anyone else regardless of experience. And I can't find anyone interested in Auz for the training to hire.
Yes, you have to have the hours prior to flight test.

Looks like I will have to take out a loan or keep trying places in UK that might be prepared to bond. I would prefer Auz, but seems like its an unheard of option to bond for this.