PDA

View Full Version : VW conversion - help wanted

Jucky
14th Apr 2009, 11:04
Can anyone point me in the direction of a LAA Inspector or engineer based in the South West who knows what they are doing with VW Aero Conversions? I want to strip mine down to inspect and check the bearings and repair an oil leak.

Many thanks.

Jucky

hatzflyer
14th Apr 2009, 11:17
I just checked the LAA website and they have a thread going on rebuilding VeeDubs.
I wonder why you have posted the question here and not on the LAA.?
In my experience you will get ridiculed on here and a load of opinions from people that know didly!
If you want proper advise from the horses mouth,the best way is a quick phone call to the LAA,there are several inspectors in your area.:O

Jucky
14th Apr 2009, 11:31
Hatz,

I posted the question on here because I've never looked at the LAA forums before, but thanks for pointing them out to me, I'll take a look. I've already phoned a couple of inspectors in my area but they weren't of much use, so I was hoping that somebody who looks at this forum might know of somebody in my area who can help. I am not asking for anybody's opinions or to be ridiculed thanks, I just want an answer if to a straight forward question. If you don't have a suitable contact in the SW don't bother posting.

Many thanks.

Jucky

Rod1
14th Apr 2009, 11:38
This may answer your question. It contains the individual inspector authorization.

inspectors opening page (http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/inspectors/insp_home_page.html)

Rod1

hatzflyer
14th Apr 2009, 11:58
I am cleared ,but too far away to be of any help.If you phone the office and ask Ken he will put you in touch with the right person and save a load of time;)

Edited,where is the leak from? PM me if you want,there are several fixes/known problems that may help you not to have to re-invent the wheel!