PDA

View Full Version : A320: After Landing Checklist

kuwait340
11th Apr 2009, 16:42
Hello Everyone !

there is something i would like to clarify here with the for the A320 After Landing Checklist.

RADAR.............OFF/STBY.

i know that to annouce OFF means WX radar is off...but STBY...does STBY means TCAS stby?.

because some pilots(PF's) they don't answer by saying OFF/STBY...they only answer by OFF.

Thanks in advance.

h3dxb
13th Apr 2009, 21:03
Don't nail me on the A330 description, but whe I remember right, it's similar with the A320

The control/indicating function is assumed by the ATC/TCAS control unit.

(1)
In normal operation, you select the ATC 1(2) through the 1/2 selector switch on the control unit in either position 1 or 2.

A switch STBY/AUTO/ON enables the functions given below:
-
in STBY position: the two transponders are electrically supplied but do not operate

-
in AUTO position: the selected transponder operates in flight but operates only in mode S on ground

-
in ON position: the selected transponder operates when the aircraft is in flight or on ground.

Rgds

tmax
13th Apr 2009, 21:42
Are you refering to RADAR or ATC?
For your info ATC should be on 1 or 2 depending on which autopilot is the master (RVSM requirement)

kuwait340
14th Apr 2009, 10:08
i am refering to Radar,

if you check the QRH 7.01 AFTER LANDING checklist...

RADAR..................OFF/STBY.

i think it means Wx Radar Off...and TCAS stby....

any ideas on this one ?

Doug E Style
14th Apr 2009, 10:35
We do not have a formal after landing checklist as such on our A320s (all actions are memory items) but making sure the radar is off and turning the transponder to SBY are the duties of the PNF after vacating the runway. Surely the radar is either on or off, there is no intermediate selection on any of our Airbuses. I suspect this is an error on the part of whoever complied the checklist.

tmax
14th Apr 2009, 11:40
For Airbus: RADAR ....OFF ,TCAS as Required since most aiports in Europe require the TCAS to be ON during ground operations.
Check the expanded SOP in the FCOM 3, you might find an answer there.
Regards

one post only!
14th Apr 2009, 12:02
My operator has the PNF turning the WX radar and predictive windshear off and the TCAS to standby. I thought most airports wanted the TCAS to transponder so that TCAS is off but the transponder in still on for the ground movement. The transponder is turned to stdby on parking and after engine shutdown.