PDA

View Full Version : New Useful Website

DonaldSam
11th Apr 2009, 07:26
Hi Guys,

Myself and a couple of other pilots have created a new website for private aviation in the UK. It allows you to view, on an interactive map, all the airfields in the UK. You can then click each one and view airfield information, local metar/taf, local notams and it will also give you suggestions for other airfields in the area.

Have a look [I've deleted the link but a Google search for flightnav will find it for you]

Cheers

mdesouza
14th Apr 2009, 14:42
Hi

loads of errors on the web page

Thanks
mike

DonaldSam
14th Apr 2009, 17:44
Hi,

We had a couple of problems with the server getting overloaded with lots of people having a look. It seems that this is what people have been missing. Let me know how you get on or if you have any suggestions.

Cheers

p.s. all fix now, i think ;)

Sepp
14th Apr 2009, 18:57
Nope, still SNAFU.

But best of luck with it.

DonaldSam
14th Apr 2009, 19:08
Sorry seem to have troubles with the database. up again

DonaldSam
14th Apr 2009, 20:02
Have to say that this is giving it a good test and we have now ironed out some problems that we didn't know about.

Hope everyone is finding it useful. We are going to add some new features soon but if anyone would like a certain feature to be added to the website just let us know.

Thanks again.

:):):):):):):)

Sallyann1234
14th Apr 2009, 22:06
Looks a potentially useful site. I will give it a spin.

You might like to tidy up the errors on the front page as they give a less than professional appearance:

Welcome to FLIGHTNAV.CO.UK
Flightnav is one of the leading aviation aids currently available in the UK.

Mungo Man
15th Apr 2009, 10:14
Now says:

Flightnav is one of the leading aviation aid's currently available in the UK.

I dont' think you need the apostrophe in aids.

Sallyann1234
15th Apr 2009, 10:50
We are trying to compile a complete list of all civil, military, private and farm strips and create airfield cards and useful information for each.

And is the email address really [email protected]
or should it be
[email protected]?

I don't want to join the spelling police so active on other sections of pprune, but you should really sort out the spelling errors on the Airfield cards, and remove all the unnecessary apostrophes. Seeing so many errors in the presentation, it does make the visitor wonder whether the data is inaccurate as well, which is hopefully not the case.

Positive Comments! The site is easy to use and brings a lot of information together in one place. It deserves to succeed.

DonaldSam
15th Apr 2009, 10:55
Thanks guys, well spotted!!!! That's them all fixed.

Keep them coming if you spot anything else

cheers

john_tullamarine
15th Apr 2009, 11:07
Unfortunately, I am going to have to lock the thread and delete the link due to Site rules.

Perhaps those who are interested in helping DonaldSam can continue via PM or email.