PDA

View Full Version : Airworthiness Review Certificate

Robin400
30th Mar 2009, 20:04
How long after the issue of an ARC should it take for an aircraft to released for service?

cessnarepairman
30th Mar 2009, 20:14
Once the ARC has been issued the aircraft should be ready for release to service. If the maintenance organisation has recommended the issue of tha ARC then they must deem the aircraft airworthy. If the ARC has been issued & the aircraft is still waiting for work then they have seriously misjudged the time taken for the CAA to process the paperwork.

Robin400
30th Mar 2009, 20:47
Thanks we are looking at 74 days.

S-Works
30th Mar 2009, 21:21
Then you have been turned over and should look for a new maintenance company.

robin
30th Mar 2009, 22:33
Is that right? - isn't the issue of the ARC the responsibility of the 'CAMO', and, if you have signed up to a deal with them you are stuffed for 3 years, minimum.....

You can, if I remember the regulations correctly, move maintenance organisations, but not the CAMO.

David Roberts
30th Mar 2009, 22:49
In short, if you sign up to a CAMO in a 'controlled environment' you have the advantage of a 3 year deal but tied to the CAMO. If you choose the 'uncontrolled environment' you can choose the CAMO each year but the deal is a one year deal in terms of compliance work.

robin
30th Mar 2009, 23:10
True, but by signing up on an annual basis the annual paper-chase is more expensive. In the Controlled Environment you can be signed off for 2 ARCs which might save money - only might I stress....:ugh:

jxk
31st Mar 2009, 06:22
Some recent changes to Part M (part G) are outlined in AIRCOM 2008/04 (CAA website) these tone down the arrangements between CAMO and Owner.

How do we keep up with all these rule changes?

hatzflyer
31st Mar 2009, 06:55
Buy a LAA aircraft !

Rod1
31st Mar 2009, 09:14
“Buy a LAA aircraft !”

Absolutely, you get to dodge the nasty part M mess and cut your yearly bill down to a few hundred £ including paperwork. You also get a very good feel for what state your aircraft is actually in.

Rod1

S-Works
31st Mar 2009, 09:19
Yes and also possibly do the equivalent of cutting off your left arm when you lose the night and IMC privileges as well as automatic overseas travel.

Don't get me wrong the permit system is great, I am now the operator as a second aircraft of a permit type. But I would not give up my Instrument rating and night privileges for love or money.

Just be aware it is horses for courses and nothing comes for free in life. You save in one area and lose in another. Ying & Yang.....

hatzflyer
31st Mar 2009, 09:35
People undertake extensive foreign travel in LAA aircraft,in fact round the world flights !
But as you say, you pays your money ,you takes your choice!

However I reckon I can get about 70 trips to France in whilst the average C of A aircraft is waiting for the paperwork to be issued! ( I see this as one of the major benefits of the permit system).

A and C
31st Mar 2009, 18:57
As both an LAA inspector and an EASA licenced engineer I see both systems in action and don't see much choose in day to day operation in terms of ease of paperwork.

I do however find that in some cases the C of A system works a little better than the permit system when it comes to modification of aircraft. The place that it is worse is when engineering companys try to use it to pull the wool over the customers eyes to hide other issues, or when the CAA send some inspector who has only worked on airliners to inspect a Tiger Moth and the engineering company fails to stand up to the man from the authority who fails to understand the aircraft.

Any one who thinks that one or the other systems is far better than the other is kidding them selfs both have advantages and disadvantages, you just have to pick the one that best meets your needs as an aircraft owner.

IO540
31st Mar 2009, 20:03
People undertake extensive foreign travel in LAA aircraft,in fact round the world flights !

With some not insignificant logistics...

I know of a man who rode a scooter all the way to Kathmandu.