PDA

View Full Version : Isaacs Fury Experiences

Flintstone
16th Mar 2009, 22:34
The vow I made many years ago never to buy an aircraft is weakening. I'm lucky enough to earn a living flying and although that's still fun I can't see the boss enjoying us dropping in to a grass strip in the aerial gin palace.

I'm kicking myself for passing on a share in a nice 2+2 aircraft just a few miles from home but always said that if I ever bought one of these holes in the sky into which you throw money it would be an Isaacs Fury. I have a few (thousand) questions and was wondering if I could pick the brains of the PF forum massive. I've PM'd a few members direct but welcome all other contributions.

I'm no stranger to taildraggers having gained my PPL on Super Cubs, played with a Tiger Moth and worked, if you can call it work, on Dragon Rapides out of Duxford for a couple of summers. I'll certainly need some refreshing and that's all fine. What I'm trying to find out is if there are any pitfalls with this type and any first hand experience of owning/flying one.

Build my own? Righto. Just after I finish redecorating the house, remodelling the garden, being a family taxi etc etc ;)

Them thar hills
17th Mar 2009, 06:53
FS
You'll probably get better feedback on the LAA forum !
tth