PDA

View Full Version : SriLankan Airlines

Pages : 1 [2]

LOVE UL
4th Apr 2010, 04:19
Ex pilots of UL get jobs at Mihin Lanka. :ok:

News (http://www.nation.lk/2010/04/04/news2.htm)

justiceman
7th Apr 2010, 10:25
heard thre is a Cleptomaniac tooooooooo:p

ecureilx
7th Apr 2010, 16:36
UL is an all-airbus operator

Mihin was last renting a B 737 - is it worth the effort for TR, unless the pilots were current in B 737 .... :ok::ok:

wetdrops
8th Apr 2010, 01:28
Mihin Lanka is now an Airbus A320 Operator. The Boeing 737 wet lease contract ceased some years ago.

From the news, the current A320 being utilised by Mihin Lanka (on a dry lease) is an ex Kingfisher aircraft. At present, Srilankan Airlines Tech Crew are being utilised to operate the aircraft. For this, Mihin Lanka is paying Srilankan a fancy fee!!

Makes sense to hire and train their own pilots. I am sure there is a considerable cost saving for Mihin Lanka.

ecureilx
8th Apr 2010, 03:49
I should get out more often I guess ..

I thought that IT was leasing the planes to UL, not to Mihin ..

Anyway, life in sunny isles are good ... let's see what the wheel of fortune brings in .. :E:E

randycmb
12th Apr 2010, 04:56
hey guys iam hoping to piloting..just after my a levels nw..wat u guys think? need influence to get a job? at UL? lol

ecureilx
12th Apr 2010, 06:59
opinion From a non-pilot -

Get a Degree first

And then decide whether you want cadet programs, whereby the airlines train you and bond you in exchange

or go for self sponsored PPL/CPL and work your way up

As to if you need influence to get into UL, if you can ask that question, you should know the answer .. :=:=

PS: And stop typing in SMS-SPEAK - that is the first step to disaster ..

Banuthev
28th Apr 2010, 20:38
I understand, SriLankan has an interest in purchasing or leasing one of the BMI's A332.

Couple of days ago BMI's G-WWBM (A332) has been returned at Manchester (MAN) from the storage in Dresden. It will be re-sprayed in full white colour scheme and due to be sent to ILFC. I think it is for SriLankan.

Does anyone know if UL has secured this order? when this aircraft will be delivered in CMB?

justiceman
1st May 2010, 13:41
Surely more and more aircrafts comming in to the Airline cos UL is making huge huge profits now,, massive profits,,, and they have obtained fuel for the next 6 months for a very Low ammount......

They are also going to have plans to recruite more people as well.....

srilankanpilot
2nd May 2010, 09:39
SriLankan rub it in against its ex-pilots NATION NEWSPAPER 02/05/2010
In an unforgivable act of cruelty, the national carrier SriLankan advertised in the last week’s Sunday Observer for pilots in a quarter page prominent colour ad after it repeatedly rejected for more than a year the applications of half a dozen of its ex-pilots to rejoin it.
Pilots said it was a way of the SriLankan management rubbing salt into their raw wounds of being rejected. After kicking their heels in Colombo in vain for about one year with hopes of re-joining SriLankan, which many of them had served loyally for more than a dozen years the six pilots recently signed up with the government owned budget carrier Mihin Lanka.
The said four other pilots serving India’s Kingfisher and Jet airlines, whose contracts too are coming to an end soon too have already booked their places with Mihin.

“Pilots being a very small community, everyone knows that there are no more Lankan pilots waiting to join an airline here. It was suffice to advertise abroad for pilots, the only reason they placed the ad in a local paper was to drive home the message to us,” a senior pilot said.
Even SriLankan’s own Pilots’ Guild sources said the reason to shut out returning ex-national carrier pilots was more a crime than just an injustice to those pilots as the SriLankan was deprived of the services of fully qualified and much experienced pilots who have all flown wide bodied long haul aircraft.
Ironically, the returning pilots will now be flying twin-engine small airbus A-320 for Mihin, whereas earlier they were flying much bigger A-340s and A-330s.
“What we normally get when recruiting foreigners are pilots who could hardly speak proper English and some with questionable credentials,” a senior Pilots’ Guild office bearer charged.
It was not very long ago that the national carrier had recruited a German pilot as a full captain of a wide bodied aircraft after he had submitted some questionable qualifications and experience. When the man was discovered by his suspicious co-pilots he left the airline. In another incident a Kazakh pilot serving SriLankan was found dead in a Negombo hotel due to an overdose of alcohol last year. Later, an Indian pilot was found to have committed suicide in another hotel in Negombo.

Dragon 83
2nd May 2010, 14:08
Anyone have a workable email address for UL to send in pilot application? Their published email on the website is not working.

Thanks

flyguy70lk
3rd May 2010, 05:14
SriLankan Airlines (http://www.srilankan.aero) click on the careers link. it is working now. all the best !:ok:

Dragon 83
3rd May 2010, 08:02
Thanks but tried the same email address again from their website, still gets bounced back saying failed address.

Will need to track down a different one.

flyguy70lk
4th May 2010, 11:50
Fill in the format given on the website, then scan/copy and send direct to [email protected] Best of luck... its a great outfit !

Dragon 83
4th May 2010, 19:48
Many thanks. Can anyone enlighten us as to T&C's of expat contract at Sri Lankan?

dickandballs
5th May 2010, 19:14
y more pilots when the airline is loosing millions per day..?

ecureilx
6th May 2010, 04:04
because, country need to fly high .. and the flag needs to be kept flying high (hic .. hic .. )

Mihin is Short legged, so long legs, UL to the rescue...

toga srs rwy
3rd Jun 2010, 09:50
Is Mihin recruiting ?

Are they taking non nationals ?

What is like to work for them ? Routes, Admin type, Future fleet, Pay for a Capt

BigJetJumbo
4th Jun 2010, 08:15
Heard couple of guys already failed an open book DGR exam....head of Fligh Ops are already unhappy about the progress...

And the flight training is going to be done by another party not UL.

ecureilx
4th Jun 2010, 09:58
toga srs rwy: do some google search on Mihin .. your answers are mostly there ..

The bright side is, it is a Government of Sri Lanka understaking .. :ok::ok:

Banuthev
3rd Apr 2011, 21:59
Civil Aviation Authority Relaxes Rules For Military Pilots (http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/showthread.php?313-Aviation-amp-Airports&p=827&viewfull=1#post827)

Banuthev
26th Apr 2011, 19:22
Eleven young Sri Lankans have qualified to join Sri Lankan Airlines as pilots (http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/showthread.php?313-Aviation-amp-Airports&p=987&viewfull=1#post987)

sharuk khan
12th May 2011, 15:37
What's going on with our dear committee? Heard that all resigned except the SLNS PRESIDENT.? Anyone knows why? Is it due to the CEO change? Are we going places or what?

Banuthev
8th Jul 2011, 18:33
SriLankan cabin upgrades from August 2011 (http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/showthread.php?313-Aviation-amp-Airports&p=1357&viewfull=1#post1357)

condorbaaz
1st Sep 2011, 13:18
heard salary going up to 14k pm? for captains.raise of abt 25%

AVIATION REFUGEE
7th Sep 2011, 20:27
U have to be desperate to go there.....try something else, first!
;)

Banuthev
12th Mar 2012, 22:34
Srilankan airlines leases ex-Thomas Cook' G-OJMC - Sri Lanka Aviation (http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/showthread.php?313-Sri-Lanka-Aviation&p=2466&viewfull=1#post2466)

captjns
12th Mar 2012, 22:47
Better for F/Os to go there and build up some time rather than going participating in the pay to fly schemes.

neoleo04
8th Jun 2012, 07:09
I am a Low timer A320 rated pilot from India is there any way i can get into Sri lankan Air ??

condorbaaz
24th Aug 2012, 02:33
Neoleo Try Mihin Lanka...

zeko
21st Mar 2013, 21:12
hi every body,

i did the skype interview with srilanka airlines, and i will go for the sim interview next week.
any one can tell me how does it go in the sim.
rgds

virgin camel
22nd Mar 2013, 12:18
In a nutshell.
Airborne 22, climb 5000 feet on heading.
Level off, auto thrust and ap off.
Steep turn left, steep turn right.
Track inbound on a radial.
Hold over the vor.
Fly npa on rwy 22
Engine failure on the missed approach.
Fly a visual hand flown single engine circuit to land on 22.
Land.
Pass or fail.
Good luck.

zeko
22nd Mar 2013, 18:01
many thanks: any idea about the Psychometric Test! i appreciated very much

chai ja
24th Mar 2013, 00:33
Do they now do the sim in CMB ?

Not the worst company to work for, AS a Captain. good luck.

zeko
24th Mar 2013, 08:31
yes , the sim in cmb

davidcruzd
3rd Apr 2013, 12:10
Hello all

I applied for the A320 captain position a month ago and I have received answer from Sri lankan to attend their Sim assesment now.....after a previous Skype interview taking place soon.

Anyone have experience in what kind of questions should I expect in the Skype interview? technicals too?

In other hand I have been reading all this thread about SriLankan and it seems that tough days for local pilots there are still running..... I would like to know if someone have had the experience to work for them and would be so kind to advice me in things like how could be the life in SriLankan, working there ....etc..

Thanks to all

davidcruzd
3rd Apr 2013, 15:20
Wow, after reading some old posts looks like hell over there for Expats...at least some years ago....still the same? Anyone knows?

Thanks

barneylocke
26th Apr 2013, 14:47
just spent a total of 4 years there...give me a [email protected]

DANDU MONARA
14th May 2013, 11:22
EITHER MR's EFN BROTHER IN LAW SHOULD QUIT THE EFN JOB !!
CUS I KNOW THAT A EFN PLANTER HAS NO CLUE HOW TO RUN A AIRLINE! AND ALSO THAT IF THEY GIVE IN FOR POLITICIANS TO MAKE DECISIONS ON WHO GETS IN OR NOT! WELL THERE GOES THE STANDARDS OF THE AIRLINE TO THE DOGS!

captjns
14th May 2013, 12:36
Dandu... try to translate your feelings into readable and understable English:ugh: (minmum of ELP 4) preferably ELP 6

pogo2
6th Sep 2013, 19:59
Hi,
Has any body held a Skype interview with Sri Lankan? What was the questions about?
Thank you for your reponses

Cpt. Boykott
5th Oct 2013, 06:22
Was it a good party yesterday? All the standbys were pulled out it seems...

Gotafix2
8th Oct 2013, 18:33
BJJ,

Is this 'Hilak' the brother of Capt SS who joined Flt Ops from Engineering? If he is, agree 100% :D

Flyingstig
9th Oct 2013, 05:12
Hi, has anyone gone through selection for DEC A320 recently, or in the system? I heard they had enough capt candidates for now.
Is the commuting contract available for the A320?

piloto_cessna
25th Oct 2013, 03:22
Hi, everybody!
Please, I would like to know which are the routes of a320.
I was flying in Brazil:(, and now I am intending to go to Sri Lanka.

Someone can help me with this question?
Thanks in advance.

medhi
7th Nov 2013, 11:10
Hi zéko

I have a skype interview with Srilankan,could you tell me what is about ?
Thank you

Medhi

Intruder One
8th Nov 2013, 04:27
To Medhi

I think quite a few have been cleared for a SKYPE interview but the agents keep saying no dates on this yet.

Do you actually have a interview date,i'd like some info on this as well

polaris79
21st Nov 2013, 23:33
Gents,
Sorry to interrupt your colourful banter.. but i guess this is as good time as any to address the conversion process for overseas pilots since i see many of you are invited to interviews!

I have been advised that 4 Composite exams must be written unless you are converting a JAA/EASA license in which case it will be just a Law exam. I however hold a FAA license and therefore am looking to convert this to SL ATPL.

Has anyone gone through the process? Can I get a temporary validation to get the A320 check ride with UL and the SLCAA check at the same time on same check ride?

I do not have hours on type - so it may not be as straight forward for many of you with A320 time! For information - the UL Recruitment is as good as a flat battery on a getaway car!!;)

Can anyone help please?
P

doo
24th Nov 2013, 17:35
Any news on A330 Capt psn?
The agency I applied through has heard nothing.

On the go
20th Jan 2014, 15:08
Hi Everyone, anybody out there with dome info about the recruitment process, type of Qs, sim profile etc. moreover are they still hiring 320 captains with commuting contract? Many thanks

safelife
20th Jan 2014, 21:59
Saw they're looking for A320, A330 Cpt, and FO, both commuting?
That's a novum I reckon?

Yeah
27th Jul 2014, 12:26
I got invitation For skype interview. Tomorrow or tuesday. Any advices guys?

The Old Swedish
30th Jul 2014, 07:51
Yeah, how was it?

Yeah
31st Jul 2014, 09:37
It was just a phone call. Simple questions, aviation background, fuel system, memory items. 10 minutes and that's it.

dickandballs
22nd Aug 2014, 09:35
Its for Sale ,