PDA

View Full Version : Toronto, Buttonville, Aerodrome

cessna414
28th Feb 2009, 00:05
body {margin:8px} .tr-field {font:normal x-small arial}Toronto, Buttonville Aerodrome has encounted a set back. This is a place i call home and have known since i was old enough to remember. The government of CANADA has chosen to remove funding to the busiest general aviation airport in CANADA. We can not let this happen. Buttonville is my mistress and i am sure my fellow aviator's feel the same. I sure "ain't" going out without a fight. We've been through this before(My second Home) with the Island. I call on all of Licenced crew globally to help stop this. News can be seen on cp24 toronto.YOU HAVE INFORMATION DELTA...........stay advised

rotornut
28th Feb 2009, 15:27
CFTO mentioned this on the 6 o'clock news last night (Feb. 27).
Buttonville is a great place and it would be a shame to see it go. Unfortunately economics rules everything these days so it will be a tough fight.

PS - I found this in The Star: TheStar.com | GTA | Buttonville airport risks closing (http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/593863)

J.O.
28th Feb 2009, 18:12
Just to clarify the story, the feds stopped funding airports years ago, so that is not the problem for YKZ. The GTAA is the agency that has cut off their subsidy to YKZ as an "overflow" airport for YYZ. They are facing a major budget shortfall for the next few years due to a drop in airline and passenger traffic, and are under pressure from the airlines to keep their already high fees in check. Hence the reason they are cutting off the annual cheque to YKZ.