PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

kilburn doll
21st Feb 2009, 20:06
hi there :O

I am hoping that someone out there can offer me some good advice or point me in the right direction? :ugh:

My parnter will be 40 soon, he has already had one flying lesson which he found exhilarating and FUN. So i thought it would be a good idea to buy him a training course, you no the ones that actually go up in the air and not behind a keyborad or dvd player, for the special event.

In England we live in Derby but also have a holiday home on the Costa brava which we visit regularly, so which country would be best?

Also an indication of cost would be good and any other info you think i might need, being a complete novice.

I no you must be thinking what a thoughtful person i am but if you dont answer it will have to be a motor bike instead:=

BRL
21st Feb 2009, 21:03
I fly and I own a Ducati motorbike and can't recommend highly enough buying him a Ducati!!!!!!! :D

Eliteaircare
21st Feb 2009, 21:08
In the UK for a full PPL you're looking around the £5000 mark, I haven't got a clue for Spain. I don't think there will be a lot in it with the current Euro exchange rate.
If you're based in Kilburn (I'm from Belper, although don't live there now) you only have Derby Aero Club or Hucknall to choose from. Do a google search, call them and see what they can do for you.

Hope this helps and good luck:ok:

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Feb 2009, 22:03
So i thought it would be a good idea to buy him a training course
That's fine, but pay for each lesson as you go along - DO NOT PAY UP FRONT.

Far too many people have paid for a flying course in advance, usually lured by offers of discounts, only to lose thousands of pounds when the flying school goes bust.

Rightbase
21st Feb 2009, 22:41
Brilliant present!

She did all the research without me knowing, then paid up front for a few weeks lessons - just enough for the bug to bite.

Brilliant wife!

SkyHawk-N
22nd Feb 2009, 01:28
I fly and I own a Ducati motorbike and can't recommend highly enough buying him a Ducati!!!!!!! :D

I also ride a Ducati (although mine is faster than BRL's ;)) and also recommend you buy him one.