PDA

View Full Version : DH82 Auxiliary Fuel Tank Mod

Fournier Boy
16th Feb 2009, 14:47
Hi

Does anyone out there know the modification number for the fwd cockpit auxiliary fuel tank mod for the DH82a? I need it to be able to request the drawings from DHSupport (I have asked but they want the number for the search!)

Rgds

FB

mr. small fry
16th Feb 2009, 19:52
I was in need of that mod many years ago for the Tiger. Neither time, money or officialdom seemed appealing at the time so my trip through the Afrcan Sahara was accomplished with four gerry cans and landings wherever it looked safe - a dirt track, a camel race track, and a small oasis being among them. Only once was an un planned landing foiled, and that was as a result of gunfire!

will5023
16th Feb 2009, 20:02
Dosen't one of the Tempest clan work at DH support, John ? if so ask Barry T, maybe he can help, if not PM me and I'll ask.

Will.

KZ8
16th Feb 2009, 22:13
It's always possible that the long range tank option that you are after is not a de Havilland modification, and therefore the technical data may not be held by DH Support Ltd.

Browsing through the online CAA Airworthiness Approval Note database, Tiger Moth G-AHVV was/is fitted with a long range tank under CAA AAN No 27333. A 10 gallon aux tank as per mod BAS/082/006 is used, together with a Christen Wobble Pump for fuel transfer.

Also in the AAN Database is a reference to the use of a Rollason modification to provide additional fuel in G-ASKP at some time in its past, using the fuel tank designed for the Super Tiger. AAN 25420 refers.

Is there a particular aircraft that you are using as your baseline? If so, it might be worth contacting the owner to ask about the modification reference.

Best wishes

KZ8