PDA

View Full Version : Landing charges in Ireland

mwpkeane
7th Feb 2009, 10:26
HI all, i am about to do a few hours flying in Ireland...is there a list of set landing fees for each airport anywhere?!?or has anyone any info on this?!ty in advance

sollas
7th Feb 2009, 15:06
Hello,

Transair sell pooleys Ireland VFR flight guide, should find the landing fees in there, or contact numbers to ask for them.

Hope this helps. Safe travelling :)

sollas

eddiec
7th Feb 2009, 16:25
Dont suppose you have a spare seat for a mid ppl student??

mde
8th Feb 2009, 09:07
FlyingInIreland Magazine (http://www.flyinginireland.com)
This website has a lot of info, you can get Kevin Glynn's flight guide which has a photo of the majority of airfields and strips in Ireland, some are intended only for microlights. You need to file a flight plan for any entry into controlled airspace even if only passing through--there is no night vfr in Ireland--Waterford and Dublin Weston are around 15 Euros Kilrush, Birr and Coonagh if you can hack it are free, Innisskillen was £12 last time I was there, be waey of any airspace around Galway. Email me if you require any futher details I'm based at EGFE. Remember you can also claim back duty on fuel when ever you cross the border into and out of Southern Ire
land

david viewing
9th Feb 2009, 12:44
It might be easier to say which airports/airfields are not reasonable, and in my experience (others may differ) that's only one: Cork (expensive compulsory handling and very slow fuel).

Obviously Dublin is expensive, but in my experience not outrageously so for a major international airport.

Many private strips and small airfields are free and (in my experience) enormously welcoming. This helps to make Ireland one of the best places for pleasure flying in the whole of Europe. And that's before you take in the scenery!