PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Aero Engines

riggersblood
4th Feb 2009, 22:25
Before I advise someone to spend lots of money, can anyone recommend this company? Robin HR200/120 owner friend asking for advice, I've never dealt with this company (not my world) although it's widely advertised. Any help much appreciated.

D of C
6th Feb 2009, 15:01
Hi there Riggersblood,

My personal advice would be to avoid Mercury Aero engines. Not had any personal bad experience but have heard a things not all that favourable.

My suggestion would either be multiflight or Richard Eisenberg, the latter being extremely competent. Hope thats helpful.

spaggettiwrestler
6th Feb 2009, 18:43
Ditto D of C, I don't post on here much but feel obligated to say I've not heard the best of reviews about this guy.

I would suggest looking at Norvic in St. Neots if your looking for places around your area, Used to be called Jade air I believe? As with everything you get exactly what you pay for!

Best of luck

riggersblood
6th Feb 2009, 21:45
Thanks D of C and Spagetti wrestler, like I said not my world really - always good to ask around. I'll pass the comments on.

A and C
7th Feb 2009, 06:58
If I told you all that I know about this guy I would probably find myself in court!

However I can say that the last two engines from this sorce that I have investigated have had major problems ( 1/ chrome rings in chrome cylinders destoying the engine inside 50 hours 2/ Bent crankshaft instaled at overhaul)
Those are just two that I can positivley back up with hard evidence.

I have never had any dealings with Eisenburg however his reputation within the business is good, Nickelson McClarren are also building a good reputation but have not been in business long.

riggersblood
7th Feb 2009, 07:23
Thanks A and C, noted and passed on your comments, glad I asked now! Our decision is made.