PDA

View Full Version : Currency Checks for JAR-FCL outside of UK

wannabe15
22nd Jan 2009, 07:52
Anyone knows if it is possible to do yearly currency checks of JAR-FCL outside of UK? e.g i'm a JAR CPL/IR holder but live/work in Australia? So far i saw Western Australia Aviation College in Perth is the only FTO offering JAR courses. I am wondering if they have authorised JAR examiners there?

Keygrip
22nd Jan 2009, 12:29
Yes, they do.

2close
22nd Jan 2009, 12:40
Although I will probably have completed the IR(A) by then, can I have my UK IMCR revalidated by a non-UK JAR IR(E) outside the UK?

Keygrip
22nd Jan 2009, 23:08
Now I'm *inclined* to say "No!!" - as it's a British rating, therefore *should* be a British examiner - but you are now dealing with the CAA (and they often don't care about the rules), so they may allow a JAA examiner to sign it.

Depends really on where you intend to do the IR.

wannabe15
23rd Jan 2009, 02:38
Thanks boys.

FlightlessBird
23rd Jan 2009, 04:57
With regards to WAAC in Perth I made enquiries there with regards to renewing my UK JAR PPL SEP which had just passed its 5 year currency. (It would of course have helped if 2 months of back and forth with the UK CAA and differents answers from different people had not elapsed beforehand.)

Anyway they told me they do not have any licenced UK Examiners on staff and couldnt help.

I've been looking all over the Southern Hemisphere and had no luck whatsoever. If you do find one please let me know!!

Whopity
23rd Jan 2009, 10:32
UK JAR PPL SEP which had just passed its 5 year currencySEP does not have a 5 year currency, or validity, it is 2 years. The Licence has to be re-issued every 5 years, and as long as you have a valid medical, its simply a case of sending a form to Gatwick http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1102FF.pdf. Mike Gill in Adelaide is a JAA Examiner.

can I have my UK IMCR revalidated by a non-UK JAR IR(E) No because nobody has the authority to sign the page and probably won't be aware of the content of the test anyway. You could apply for an examiner to do it, but would have to convince the CAA that he is fully conversant with the rating.

FlightlessBird
24th Jan 2009, 02:34
Whopity, sorry I got a bit mixed up there. My JAR PPL has expired (over 5 years as of Nov '08). I need to do a course of flying and a full licensing skill test with a UK or JAR authorised examiner.

Would you be able to PM me Mike Gills contact details? Otherwise same call again, if anyone knows a UK or JAR examiner residing in Asia or Australasia I'd be very grateful as my search has proved fruitless so far.

Thanks in advance.

Whopity
24th Jan 2009, 11:32
Check you PMs all details forwarded.

wannabe15
24th Jan 2009, 12:41
Whopity, appreciate as well if you could PM me the details. Thanks.

Whopity
24th Jan 2009, 23:20
Check your PMS

CAVOK100
8th Jun 2009, 15:05
Whopity, appreciate if you can PM me the same details for Mike Gills or anyone who has updated list of UK or JAR authorised examiners in the region. Many Thanks.
Flightlessbird, any update on your renewal? My UK CPL just expired in April despite my attempts to get it renew 2 months before expiry. UK CAA seem incompetent to reply promptly (until it's too late and past expiry) for any shortage of validation or certification required for renewal.