PDA

View Full Version : Sad News Eshot

wings on stornoway
13th Jan 2009, 10:50
Some sad News for the Eshot members

PAT TURNBULL

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that Pat Turnbull died at home on Sunday . As you all know Pat was at the very centre of things here at Eshott. Working very much in the background she was always around to welcome strangers to the airfield and provide assistance to everybody.

Pat came late to flying starting at the age of 68 but over the past 10 years she developed a tremendous level of skill and a love of the freedom flying bought . In between providing us with soup and rolls for lunch she would be up in all weather improving her skills. Despite a few scrapes and being quite ill for the past 15 months Pat continued very much with a Can Do attitude.

Last Saturday she flew and gave lunch to those members that were around - she was doing what she loved.

She will be very much missed.

Her funeral is this Friday at 1pm at Whitley Bay Crematorium

Storm

January 13th 2009

posted this on this forum for all Eshot members! this was passed on to me by North east microlights!

Say again s l o w l y
13th Jan 2009, 12:29
That's sad. I met her on a few occasions and she was always kindness and hospitality personified.

Will Hung
13th Jan 2009, 12:47
Sounds like a great lady. RIP

dont overfil
13th Jan 2009, 14:06
Sad news indeed. She seemed in great form just two weeks ago.
DO.

FERRYAIR
14th Jan 2009, 10:16
I met Pat for the first time when she drove up to Latch Farm to view G-CCKF (her Skyranger) that she purchased from a friend of mine.

Regularly after she purchased G-CCKF both myself and the Skyranger's previous owner would fly into Eshott and low & behold Pat would always be there ready to load our stomachs with teas,coffees,biscuits and sometimes real food:ok:

Personally for me part of the 'pull' to go into Eshott was that you always knew there would be a welcome awaiting from Pat.

She will be sorely missed by all Eshott resident owners and VISITORS alike.

We can all be assured she will remain flying with the Angels forever.