PDA

View Full Version : Plane Rental in Spain ? (Near alicante)

Psico
6th Jan 2009, 20:02
Hi there.

As I'm going on a vacation this summer to spain with my family inlaws, I was hoping there was a place nearby (We are traveling to Alicante) where i could get in some flight hours.
I have tried everything i can think of regarding search in google, but cant seem to find anything at all.
Anyone know if there are any places nearby (within 1 hour drive or so ) where I can rent a P28 or C172 or similar ?
Really hope someone can give a positive answer :-)

Best Regards

172driver
7th Jan 2009, 08:47
Have a look at this (http://www.aerorequena.com/index3.htm). I know nothing about them, but they are in your general area. HTH.

Wassat Noyze
7th Jan 2009, 11:10
Have a look here:

Costa Blanca Flyers - Airfields (http://www.costablancaflyers.net/airfields.htm)

Psico
9th Jan 2009, 16:17
Thank you for the replies.
I've looked it over, and it seems most of the airports are small microlight ones, with no aircraft rental.
The only one I can see might have potential is Muchamiel which supposedly is the home of "Alicante Aero Club", which has Aircraft for hire (or so the atlas page says), but the aeroclub page is basicly nothing but a search engine, and I dont know how they make buisness with such a webpage, as there are absolutely no information available.

The other which 172driver was kind to write, seems like its like atleast a 2 hour drive from Alicante, and not sure they rent out planes.

172driver
9th Jan 2009, 17:13
Psico, I may (not sure yet) be going to Muchamiel next week. If I do, I'll check it out.

L'aviateur
31st May 2012, 22:59
Visited Muchamiel for a PPL Revalidation (LST for SEP rating 2> <5 yrs), and found the place great. I used an examiner called Javier Orjega, who is a JAA Examiner able to sign off the JAA Licenses, and trained primarily in the USA so speaks great English.
The airfield is fairly busy, it has a lot of traffic related to the bush fire fighting such as the Kamov Helicopters and Spanish Air Tractor 802F Seaplanes operating, in additional to general commercial twins and the aero club aerocraft, make it a really friendly a welcoming place.

There is a bar with seating outside, to enjoy and watch the aviation activities.

I'd definately recommend this place as somewhere to visit, whether your an expat wanting to revalidate and fly, or a tourist wanting a bit of flying in Spain.

One of the experiences I put down as very very good :-)

Also to note, the Air/Ground operate in English without a problem, and Alicante Tower/Radar also were very obliging in English.