PDA

View Full Version : PPL in Spain advice required

Charlie133
5th Jan 2009, 17:41
I am currently considering an accelerated PPL course with Fly-In-Spain based in Jerez. I have 10 hours flying in the UK so got the basics. I Hope to complete in around 4 weeks.

Any one had any previous experience with this company or accelerated courses? Is it possible to complete in 4 weeks?

BackPacker
5th Jan 2009, 18:04
No experience with Jerez but I did an accelerated course in Florida. Three weeks from 0 hours to PPL. Well, 22 days to be exact, but one day was not flyable due to weather.

Study everything you can beforehand. If possible and practical get a few theoretical exams out of the way before you depart to Spain. Don't indulge yourself in the pleasures of having a temporary bachelors status.

172driver
5th Jan 2009, 18:10
Cannot comment on the school itself (although they seem to have a generally good rep), but at least you shouldn't have many problems due to wx. Jerez is a nice place to fly from! As BackPacker has suggested, get as much theory out of the way before going. Also, you may consider posting a question in the 'training' forum, you may well get a more informed answer there (although most people who hang out in that part of Pprune intend to go commercial). HTH.

Mike Parsons
5th Jan 2009, 18:14
Shame you cannot take advantage of the € Exchange rate at the moment!

acoulson
5th Jan 2009, 18:42
I've flown with the company, though not as a student. My experiences were all positive, and I really enjoyed flying in Spain (and Portugal). I was there in November (a few years ago) and the weather was CAVOK every day. Feel free to PM me if you want to.
Andy

vanHorck
6th Jan 2009, 06:59
there are other postings about Jerez ppl training on this forum, just search for them