PDA

View Full Version : CPL & IR instructor

jxc
31st Dec 2008, 19:26
Hi

I have been looking into getting a non equity share in a DA42 which I would be able to use to get trained on for CPL & IR , What would the hourly going rates for an instructor to teach the cpl and IR

Cheers
JXC

RSFTO
31st Dec 2008, 20:00
when I work as fi I take 1gbp per minute and charging starts from when we meet until we dismiss

madlandrover
31st Dec 2008, 20:11
Your best bet is to phone around a few schools who already do training on DA42s - that way you'll go somewhere that's already set up to operate your type of aircraft, so you won't spent any of the course working out flight profiles. Most would have no problem with you providing the aircraft and paying a fair hourly rate for the FI/IRI! It normally takes a bit of paperwork to get the aircraft approved for CPL/IR instruction at an FTO, but far from impossible. Just allow a little extra if you want to test on your own aircraft, like the flying time to get it to a staff examiner for approval for test and expense of putting CAA examiners on your aircraft.

jxc
31st Dec 2008, 20:42
Many Thanks

ElitePilot
1st Jan 2009, 07:43
You'll need to get some screens made up/fitted also besides I think being insured for public transport.
Also you need to do training through an approved FTO (rather than employ an instructor) for the time to count towards the rating.. Hope this helps.

2close
2nd Jan 2009, 22:29
These may help.

Standards Document 7(A) - Search Civil Aviation Authority Home Page (http://www.caa.co.uk)

AIC W133 (18/2007) - Search NATS | AIS (http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com)

2close

Whopity
3rd Jan 2009, 19:28
You cannot hire an Instructor to teach you for the CPL and IR. You must completre the training at an approved FTO who will quote you a course price using your own aircraft.

As the approval is also aircraft specific, it will need to be an FTO using the DA42.

DC3freightdog
7th Jan 2009, 19:29
Why not training in the US? No landing fees many places to go and probably cheaper. You can get your FAA IR and training in the US and than you can take the written and flight test in Europe. I work as a DA42 instructor for a Diamond flight Center and we get some Europeans for flight training.

DC3freightdog

mrwilko
11th Jan 2009, 14:31
I instruct cpl/ir for a school in Bournemouth. We're probably going over to DA42 and already have approvals and checklists made up. The hourly instructor rate would be £60 but based on take off and landing time + 0.2. PM me if you want further details.

DC3freightdog
15th Jan 2009, 02:18
That quite expensive. The rate for a DA42 instructor in Virginia is "only" 49$ and $300 for the aircraft.