PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Navion

glowworm
30th Dec 2008, 13:22
Hello,

Does anyone know of any G or D registered Navion type aircraft? I really like this plane and would like to get more info about it..Thanks !

LittleD
30th Dec 2008, 14:06
A Big Machine, Solid ! Seen one at Southampton 5-6 Years ago. A work colleague owned one in California, swore by it. I seem to recall an Flight Test article in one of the Mags a while back, I think the Owner was from up Norfork way and had one and another one for rebuild ?? North American apparently lost money on every one built. Great looking machine, Although I think there where a couple of models which differed in their canopy treatment primarily.

G-APDK
31st Dec 2008, 17:45
In the UK there are none on the G- register, however there is a N registered Navion B based at Earls Colne in Essex and the owner is importing another from the USA. There is also an N reg Navion Rangemaster based in Guernsey. In Germany there are 7 there are two each in in France and Sweden.

If you send me a PM I can let you have details of the owner at Earls Colne

Happy New Year to all on PPrune

G-APDK

V800
1st Jan 2009, 12:35
I remember seeing a D- one in the hangar at Grimbergen, Belgium in June 07. PM me if you want me to go back over my photos for the full registration.

MHG
3rd Jan 2009, 20:08
I can hardly believe there is any Navion registered in Germany (D-....) !!!

Make sure you donīt confuse with the Focke-Wulf/Piaggio P-149 D !!!
We still have about a dozen of them flying in Germany.

The P-149 D and the Navion look similar at a first glance but taking a closer look it appears that the P-149D is significantly larger ...
And there are of course some more differences ... ;)

treadigraph
3rd Jan 2009, 20:25
MHG, there certainly have been a number of Navions registered in Germany - here's an example (http://www.airliners.net/photo/North-American-Navion/0238708/M/) which I can recall seeing at a couple of UK events in the past. Don't know if any are still current though.

P-149 resembles the earlier Navions, pic above is a later model.

Great aeroplanes, though per G-INFO only one ever made it on to the G- register which was a TEMCO modified Twin Navion.

EDMJ
5th Jan 2009, 07:55
I can hardly believe there is any Navion registered in Germany (D-....) !!!

Apart from a couple of Rangemasters, there is indeed one, namely D-EFYX based at Jesenwang near Munich.

G-APDK
5th Jan 2009, 11:46
If you go to Air-Britain : Photographic Images Collection (http://www.abpic.co.uk/index.php) and search on Navion you will find 149 pictures, including some of the following European based Navions (N2548T, N3864, D-EFYX, D-EINB, D-EING, SP-KPP, HB-ESO and SE-FUR) and the long departed only UK registered Twin Navion, G-ARIT

G-APDK

glowworm
5th Jan 2009, 12:37
Thank-you all for your replies, I will look into all the links you posted. If any Navion owner on this forum, I would be gald to have a chat. Thanks much.