PDA

View Full Version : ATPL reference material

alatristissima
29th Dec 2008, 05:54

KAG
29th Dec 2008, 15:07
Culhane is the best concerning the bank of question. If you make above 90 or 95 % at their test, you will pass your ATPL.

Iatra and saron plus samra are the same course. So only one book for the 3 exams. In their book containing the bank of question, there is few page concerning the Iatra, but that is almost the same question as the saron-samra, it is just easier.

Inrat is the IR. Without IR, no ATPL.

300 euro to get a Canadian ATPL (wich gives you almost automatically the FAA one) is pretty cheap if you ask me. How much money have you spent to get your JAA frozen ATPL?

Note that you need 750 hours Total time in order to have the right to seat the saron-samra written exam. Otherwise you can only pass the Iatra. One or the other is required in a 2 crew airplane.

Good luck.

alatristissima
29th Dec 2008, 20:00
Thanks Kag. So you are suggesting Culhane exercise books for Saron/Samra and Inrat. As for the price, the JAA ATPL costed a lot of money, absolutely. It is just that is a little painful paying again, I bet you see what I am coming from.
Besides I spoke with TC (again GREAT service) and they say that I don't need IATRA with my qualifications and TT
thank you again for your answer and your time

KAG
2nd Jan 2009, 14:13
you are welcome.

rigpiggy
2nd Jan 2009, 17:04
It's been more than 10yrs since I sat my A's and having studied both guides, I would only endorse the Aerocourse, the other one I found rife with inaccuracies. My .02$

readbackincorrect
4th Jan 2009, 13:48
Culhane is horrid...absolutely horrid. They are full of wrong answers in their questions and I found the manual to be overpriced for what its selling,.

Your safest option is to go with the Aerocourse and review with that for a bit, the questions are actually quite close to the TC ones.

KAG
5th Jan 2009, 12:54
They are full of wrong answers in their questions

That is why I am not able to pass the ATPL even if I keep trying! ;-)

More seriously, do you have an exemple of wrong answer in their book?

Willie Everlearn
5th Jan 2009, 13:26
IMHO
Best option? Aerocourse.

readbackincorrect
5th Jan 2009, 17:17
they had a lot of alternate minima questions wrong..(ie...2 precision app what is the minima) 400-1 and 200-1/2 whichever is lower or 400-1 and 200-1/2 which ever is greater..the latter is the right one but they put the first one and i went over the whole thing with the CAP..its not only that but there is plenty more.

Aerocourse most def,, take the weekend course, its great and its taught by professionals who can show u applicational aspects of the material.

cheers

KAG
9th Jan 2009, 08:10
Alright! Haven' t noticed those mistakes! Good job!
You may email them what you found out, they appreciate any feed back on the course or bank question... Not sure if you will get a reward though... ;-)