PDA

View Full Version : Combined IRI/CRI course: any chance?

papazulu
3rd Dec 2008, 16:57
Hello gentlemen

I did my homework using the (advanced) search tool but with no joy so here I am to ask for anyone's experience.

I am happly sitting in a commercial TP (non-airline) job which gives me Multi engine time as well as Multi crew experience but I have never forgotten the 1st love...

Has anyone of you ever combined a IRI/CRI course and if so, where, how long did it take and how much did it cost to you? I know it is not wise to put money into further training nowdays but I really wish I could make a better use of my time off. I think I won't do any damage to those who have in instructing the only source of make a living and keeping afloat as they will have to pass through the hell of PPL and FI(R) gates before considering instructing commercial. Surely it won't be a full time job but rather a stick&rudder skill polishing tool for me.

Hope someone can help.

Keep 'em flying!

PZ :ok:

Vortex Thing
3rd Dec 2008, 22:26
When you say CRI it depends on which Class you mean.

I assume you mean multi engine class. If this is the case there are plenty of places you can do them combined some are better than others. Just look on the CAA website for FTOs as opposed to RTFs

I would be astounded if you can find a part time job teaching CPL or IR and I think you will also be surprised at how many instructors out there are unrestricted.

There is no shortage of instructors so when you say that you will not affect livelihoods make no mistake that you will put someone else out of a job or the chance of a job but at the end of the day it is survival of the fittest and we have all been at the bottom of the pile at some point in our careers to date.

VT