PDA

View Full Version : MCC Course

lipgo
3rd Dec 2008, 08:28
Maybe a silly question- but if you possess an ATPL A - is the MCC (A) transferable to helicopter for acquiring an ATPL ?? or is a seperate MCC (H) required? MCC is MCC...is it not regardless?? ..

Thanks in advance

Whopity
3rd Dec 2008, 12:35
CROSS-CREDITING
6 A holder of a certificate of completion of MCC training on aeroplanes or experience of more than 500 hours as pilot on multi-pilot aeroplanes shall be exempted from the requirement to complete the theoretical knowledge syllabus as set out in AMC FCL 2.261(d). Which suggest you still have to complete the FNPT exercises.

RSFTO
3rd Dec 2008, 13:33
NO, once you have an mcc course is valid for everything.
I used to work in an fto for mcc courses and we did it on fixed wing simulator b-200 and we did train many many helicopter pilots who needed mcc course before going for their type rating courses and we did those courses on the fixed wing simulator b-200 and they got their mcc course certificate and went on to thei tr courses and jobs no problems and they had all jaa licenses from uk, sweden, france, norway all jaa countries.

Whopity
3rd Dec 2008, 16:01
But that was before the amendment to JAR-FCL 2 which made changes to helicopter requirements! My quote is from JAR-FCL2 AL6

BYALPHAINDIA
4th Dec 2008, 01:11
Not 100% sure, But I would agree that you can 'cross over' from Fixed to Heli without the change?

Whopity
4th Dec 2008, 08:17
Initially there were no helicopter FNPTs and aeroplane ones were used with aeroplane instructors hence the crossover. Since the introduction of AL6 aeroplane instructors are no longer allowed to teach on the new helicopter FNPTs and the MCC has become helicopter specific.

RSFTO
4th Dec 2008, 16:03
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE an mcc course you do not need to do an other one. it does not matter if is fixed wing or not

Whopity
5th Dec 2008, 20:12
Can you quote a reference for that? Its clearly not in JAR-FCL so it must be a local ruling from somewhere!

RSFTO
7th Dec 2008, 14:18
just think about what a mcc is : it does not matter what kind of machine you operate , all it is about is multi crew cooperation, on fixed wing you do mcc courses on machines you are not type rated in, if you have already a mcc course or if you have already multipilot operation experience , I remember 500 hours, you do not need an mcc.

I know for sure as a fact that at the fto where i worked in 2007 we did mcc courses to helicopter pilots of many different caa nations in jaa on a fixed wing simulator and after that with that mcc course on b-200 fixed wing they all continued with tr courses on helicopter silmulator and they are all got licensed and are working and no caa ever made any objections.

Whopity
8th Dec 2008, 09:17
I couldn't agree more but thats not what the latest amendment to JAR-FCL 2 says and thats what FTOs are required to operate to. Some States have not implemented AL 6 yet and the new requirements for helicopter STDs pose a number of problems, notably that there are not many Helicopter instructors qualified to teach under the revised rules and the aeroplane instructors who have been doing so are only being allowed to continue for a short time. What you say was true in 2007 but not under the revised rules.

RSFTO
8th Dec 2008, 10:22
I Am 100% Positive That If You Have An Mcc Course Or Mcc Experience You Do Not Need To Do An Other One. Mcc Is Not Class Or Type Specific. Anyway For Whoever Is In The Situation Consult Directly Your Caa.

Whopity
9th Dec 2008, 08:28
Who consult JAR-FCL and give you the answer I placed in my first post! The Loop is now complete!

RSFTO
10th Dec 2008, 11:20
I just asked U.K. C.A.A. for me, I will not need an other MCC course.

Grungefuttock
28th Apr 2009, 08:27
Does anybody know where my son can do a MCC (H) course please?

maxdrypower
28th Apr 2009, 19:31
try european at bournemouth they have an advert on this very forum , they do mcc courses and also a full motion sikorsky sim , but liek they say doesnt matter what ya do it on