PDA

View Full Version : Pooleys flight guide

liam548
1st Dec 2008, 12:30
I have just recieved my update offer for the new 2009 pooleys flight guide.

Last year was the first time I purchased it so I have the up to date binder.

Can someone explain what I now need to buy for 2009 to keep it up to date? Surely most of what I already have is still accurate so I just need to carry on with the amendments? I have a sneaky feeling though that I have to buy the complete new 2009 loose-leaf and take all my existing guide out?

Seems a waste..?

Liam

jez d
1st Dec 2008, 12:52
Liam,

Yes, you'll need to purchase a new copy. I believe it's the same for all of the VFR flight guides - Pooleys, AFE, Jeppesen, Rapid etc.

Pooleys do have a habit of changing their ring-binding system from year to year, so you may need to buy a new binder as well. Haven't seen this year's yet though, so can't confirm if the holes are in the same place as '08's version or not.

jez

Rod1
1st Dec 2008, 13:01
You do need to get a new copy to get the updates for 09. The RB is the same as last year, got mine at the weekend.

Rod1

Keef
1st Dec 2008, 16:11
Bottlang/Jeppesen you don't need to replace all the pages. The update sub just keeps on delivering an envelope a month.

Some of the pages in mine are around ten years old (not many, mind).

liam548
1st Dec 2008, 18:39
just seems ridiculous that i have to throw out pages that are perfectly up to date and pay over the top price for continued updates...

Why not just carry non with the updates and keep what I already have??

RansS9
1st Dec 2008, 18:48
Because that would be sensible!

TIM

VictorGolf
2nd Dec 2008, 16:51
Sensible but Pooleys wouldn't make as much money. If you go the Jeppesen route make sure you have a 7 ring binder as they've changed over in the VFR version from the previous 4 ring system.