PDA

View Full Version : My First Solo Today!

IFR1974
26th Nov 2008, 12:10
Hallo everyone,

Sorry, but had to tell as many people as possible, but just arrived back home from completing my first solo at RAF Akrotiri in the beautiful Cyprus sunshine.

Fantastic experience.

:ok::)

tuscan
26th Nov 2008, 12:13
Well done:ok::ok::ok: You will never forget it.

SNS3Guppy
26th Nov 2008, 12:13
Congratulations. No doubt you are aware, but this represents one of those key moments you will treasure for the rest of your life. Enjoy it; it's well earned.

LowNSlow
27th Nov 2008, 08:15
Congratulations, you certainly picked a lovely climate to do it in. It'll be another one of those moments that you remember for ever. :ok:

NorthRider
27th Nov 2008, 09:26
And you are here to tell us about it! Well Done:ok:

XX621
27th Nov 2008, 13:39
Well done mate :ok:. I remember mine with crystal clarity including being dowsed with baked beans afterwards.

I would give me right arm to go back to July 1991 and relive my first solo at RAF Finningley in a Bulldog. Actually, I would probably need my right arm for flying, so maybe my spleen or something.

Would have stuck with flying and not ended up in boring, but well paid, office jobs thats for sure.:{

daria-ox
27th Nov 2008, 16:18
Well Done!

You'll never forget your first solo and trial flight if you had one. :ok:

Codger
27th Nov 2008, 20:24
Congrats, and thanks for posting. Makes a bunch of old farts think back and remember...:ok:

old-timer
27th Nov 2008, 20:47
:ok::D:D:D

Congratulations, I remember mine clearly too although everything else gets a little shady in the memory banks these days as the years advance....ehh, when I was a lad...etc..;)

Bearcat
30th Nov 2008, 08:28
13000 hours later and i still remember my first solo. your out of the nest now my instructor told me....fantastic:ok:

Laichtown
30th Nov 2008, 15:38
Nice one. Can remember 1st solo with complete clarity, minute by minute. I was smiling for days!!!:ok:

dublinpilot
6th Dec 2008, 22:20
Hum...am I the only one not able to get into the private flying forum? I can access the other forums ok, but only got to this thread by clicking on the last thread posting on the main list of forums.

Using the same method a few days ago, I saw BRL say that it was a known problem and they were working to sort it out, but I still can't get in....been 3 or 4 days now.

BodleyTunes
6th Dec 2008, 22:24
Yeah same here, cant get into the private flying forum, get a time out (white page).

Bizarre.

going to delete my cookies.