PDA

View Full Version : Book available on "I learned about flying form that"?

Okavango
21st Nov 2008, 11:48
Hi, I'm a new PPL and want to pick up as much experience asap. I particularly like the features in Pilot and Flyer that cover incidents/learning. Are there any good books out there with a compilation of all such learning - particularly for PPL VFR rather than commercial aviation.

flybymike
21st Nov 2008, 11:54
The American publishers of "Flying" magazine used to publish a book with exactly that title (ILAFFT). I suspect it may still be available.

Mad Girl
21st Nov 2008, 14:48
The American publishers of "Flying" magazine used to publish a book with exactly that title (ILAFFT). I suspect it may still be available

It is still available...:ok:... Try a search on Amazon.

ACARS
21st Nov 2008, 17:15
I think I got it from transair a while back but I can't remember. It's definitely available though

Mike744
21st Nov 2008, 17:29
Got got that book from Amazon last week, it's volume 4 and I've not seen earlier volumes though. Very good read.

Mike

Duchess_Driver
21st Nov 2008, 20:47
Another excellent book, subtitled 'How and Why Pilots Die....' is

The Killing Zone by Paul Craig.

Available from all good bookstores near you (or on the web!)

flybymike
22nd Nov 2008, 00:18
Many many years ago I had a morbid fascination for reading this sort of stuff,and my wife used to buy me a new GA disaster book every time one was published. I recall her telling me that one Christmas when she was placing a telephone order for my latest tranche of disaster fixes, both she and the salesman on the other end were reduced to tears of laughter each time she read out a new disaster title she knew I wanted. "Biggles burns" Biggles dies horribly" "Biggles perishes by a thousand deaths" etc :)