PDA

View Full Version : Cost Of Leasing

hatzflyer
21st Nov 2008, 09:21
Any one advise what the costs should be to lease a pa28(or similar) to start a fliying club? Cost per hr dry to include ins and maintainance.

BYALPHAINDIA
4th Dec 2008, 00:29
I'm not an 'Expert' but I would be looking at no more than 105.00 PH on a wet??

Have you thought about the cheaper AT3? Only a 2 seater, But Very Fuel efficient.

The costs would obviously be alot lower for the AT3 than the PA28?

If you are planning a FC & a FS then the PA28 is ideal for touring as well.

Best Of Luck.
Ian Mc

Simon150
4th Dec 2008, 12:19
A cost of 105pph dry sounds a bit steep to me. I can think of a number of clubs where you pay about 130pph wet.

I may have misinterpreted the post but what I think you are looking for is the running costs.

If I were going to run ROM calculations I would check out the classifieds in Loop or another magazine for the aircraft of interest. Many adverts for group members detail an hourly rate and a monthly rate. Dry or wet doesn't matter, you know the cost of fuel and the GPH.....do the sums. Groups tend to run with minimum margins so what you get is the basic running costs + a little extra to go into an engine fund. Get an average from the adverts and use that as a first guestimate.

If you are running a club, I would expect the price per month to be a little higher due to extra insurance etc, but the hourly running costs shouldn't be too far off.

Divide the price per month my the number of anticipated hours flown per month, add the price per hour and you have a ball-park costs.

As an example, based on the aircraft I used to own a share in (C150 - which we charged wet):-

Monthy cost (8 members group) = £320 per month 'fixed fees'

To work this into a 'club' cost, lets make it £500 for a bit of contingency, lets assume minimum utilisation of 4 hours at the weekend, 3 during the week makes a total of 28 gives a cost of about £20 per hour.

We used to pay 40pph wet, which included something towards the engine fund. We want some margin in our club so lets make it 50pph, add the 20pph to cover fixed costs.

Total 'running costs' including contingency is 70pph. Probably a bit steep but plenty of contingency but does require a certain utilistaion to break even. More flying = less costs but I would have thought you would not want to go less than about 60pph even if you assume severe utilistaion.

Not sure about the legal aspects.....would be interested to know what the difference is between operating as large group ownership and a club.

dont overfil
4th Dec 2008, 13:41
Eight years ago I charged £33 ph + VAT for an Archer. I would think £45 would be about the max now. I was looking for 25 hrs per month minimum.
Round figures, Pay £45
Club markup £20
Fuel £56
VAT £18
Chargeout £140

DO.

Nearly There
4th Dec 2008, 20:04
Might be worth a chat to the chap who runs this, if there is enough people interested maybe he may start a new group deal at your chosen airfield....just a thought:ok:

Aircraft Grouping No Equity Index (http://www.aircraftgrouping.com/no_equity_index.htm)

LambOfGod
5th Dec 2008, 02:28
Yeah man, I realy wish flying school's had realy economic aircraft. Just for the training area and circuit there are no real 'issues' I guess. The new Cessna Skycather 162 looks prety good. Get one of them maaaan!!!

Although I don't like the control column...