PDA

View Full Version : First Solo!!!

Lyndon
19th Nov 2008, 18:29
After 6 weeks of not being in a plane due to having to get Air law out of the way and then weather holding me up as well, I've finally done my first solo! The feeling is brilliant!:)

Quite a windy and cloudy day, but I was still able to do it. Did nearly an hour of practice emergencies (EFATO, flapless etc) and he said on the next landing we'll come to a stop, instead of doing touch-and-goes, so I was gutted, thinking my solo would be next week.

But no! We taxxied a bit, and my instructor (Dale) asked me to come to a stop. I knew what was going to happen next!:p

Nearly forgot to call "Final", but other than that, a good circuit I think! The adrenaline ddin't help steady my hands, put it that way! I found it hard to write "P1" in my logbook (hands shaking all over the place), but it was a great feeling writing it!

19th November at 13.30 - a point in time I will never forget!!!:cool:

Here's the plane I did it in, CR:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5562/image023om5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

british_matt
19th Nov 2008, 20:02
Well Done!!! :ok:

Hopefully it will be me with shaky hands soon ;)

jxc
19th Nov 2008, 21:01
Well done great feeling that grin will get even bigger when you do a solo cross country ! :}

Choxolate
20th Nov 2008, 08:19
Did my first solo some years ago - but I will NEVER forget it - Cessna 152 at Compton Abbas. Still smile when I think about it. Well done - it is a real achievement.

trident3A
20th Nov 2008, 08:46
Well done !

daria-ox
20th Nov 2008, 13:16
Congratulations!!

How many hours have you flown already? :)

Lister Noble
20th Nov 2008, 15:16
Well done and congratulations.I hope you have many years of safe and enjoyable flying ahead of you.
Lister:)

BladeM3
20th Nov 2008, 15:23
Wow well done matey, I should have my 1st solo this side of xmas too.:ok:

aviate1138
20th Nov 2008, 15:57
Drinks are on you pal! Well done and you will still remember that moment in 50 years time.

I waited till I was downwind before I let out the rebel yell.

Does Sherburn have a bar?

Lyndon
20th Nov 2008, 20:39
thanks everybody!!

daria-ox, I did 14hours 55 mins before going solo. Got 10 mins P1 now though. Those 10 mins were excellent!:p

aviate1138, There is a bar at Sherburn. I would have had a few to celebrate afterwards, but it was only midday and I had to drive home...!

Can't wait for XC, should be good fun!

thanks again!

-Lyndon

Wibblemonster
21st Nov 2008, 11:23
well done!! i did my first solo last August & i will never forget that day - tis an awesome feeling.Looking forward to doing solo cross country now :Dall the best fella.

WALSue
22nd Nov 2008, 08:15
Well done!!

Like Blade and British_Matt, hope to do my first solo soon, been waiting since the start of this month for the wind to die down.