PDA

View Full Version : FI training establiashments

captain_rossco
18th Nov 2008, 16:11
I suspect that the thread title is self explanatory to a degree, (but just in case) I am likey to persue the FI route and am keen to hear of people's experiences with their various schools? That's not to say the schools at which they teach, but the training providers they used in order to gain thei FI rating. I understand that this is often down to personal experience, but having researched the field, it would appear that course costs are much of a much, leaving little to make ones choice by but a visit and word of mouth!

So come on folks, where did you go, what did you pay and would you recommend them?!!:ok:

Many Thanks

CR

Mickey Kaye
18th Nov 2008, 17:06
Kevin Rowell at Advanced flight training based at Sherburn. Highly reccommended. His course is 6 grand all in (I think). I didn't have to do the full course. Top bloke. Top quality instruction. Good aerodrome to learn at as well.

Also very appraochable give him a call and have a chat. He will quite happily offer advice Even if it is not in his best financial interest.

flightlevel1985
18th Nov 2008, 18:31
But what are the job opportunities in the UK for new FI's? I know that many club websites are advertising vacancies now, and I am wanting to do the course, but I cant help but think that the vacancies could dry up fast. Any ideas anyone :uhoh:??

polohippo
18th Nov 2008, 18:39
I did part of my course with Kevin too, great guy and he got me my first job too!

I'm not sure about jobs in the UK but I'd look outside to UK too in hotter climates. I did and it's the best decision I ever made!

Mickey Kaye
18th Nov 2008, 19:39
Kevin seems to have his finger on the pulse when it comes for job vacancies within the area. Basically if you not a cock he will do his best to get you a job.

Hope your well Ed.

will fly for food 06
19th Nov 2008, 18:09
The FI course at Goodwood is really good. I enjoyed my time on the course.:ok:

pipertommy
19th Nov 2008, 20:10
Trained for the FI at Aviation Southwest at Exeter. Brilliant course, very good set up.