PDA

View Full Version : Dual HYD fail on 330

it.pilot737
16th Nov 2008, 14:22
Hi...I'm studing the 330 and I've a question.....on the FCOM 3 is reported to "consider RAT manual use".....but after the selection of the RAT, I'll recover the green and so....are all the ecam actions still displayed? and...why I have to put the RAT out? Is it moving all the green items? The FCOM says that with the rat extended I can recover (i.e.) the flaps extension on G+Y...but is tha RAT able to extend them?

Bye and tks very much!!

Shogun-16
16th Nov 2008, 14:49
The Ram Air Turbine (RAT) powers the Blue System, not the Yellow or Green. The RAT will automatically deploy when you have a dual AC electrical failure..... You can manually deploy the RAT, but only powers the Blue system and its associated systems. Because of redundancy, the blue system touches most systems and allow for a safe landing. Look at you hydrualic schematic and see which system powers what and you'll see the specifics as to what the blue powers...

RD

it.pilot737
16th Nov 2008, 15:02
sorry but my question is about the A 330 and NOT A320!

Henry VIII
16th Nov 2008, 15:15
As told by it.pilot.737 Shogun-16 may mistake vs. another bus. On hyd arch we can see the RAT on green sys.

On dual hyd, after RAT man extension due to the reason explained by Shogun-16 (The RAT will automatically deploy when you have a dual AC electrical failure), you recover the green, which gives you again slats or flaps according the failure (G+B or G+Y).is tha RAT able to extend them?Yes, but slowly. As reported also in the summary.

As per FCTM in case of B+Y the ldg gear extension is always suggested by gravity in order to preserve the green for flight control.

Ciao ;)