PDA

View Full Version : SEP Revalidation check flight

XX621
15th Nov 2008, 16:37
Can anyone recommend an examiner I could contact for doing an SEP in my group aircraft? Fairoaks/Blackbushe/WW area.
Thanks

chrisbl
15th Nov 2008, 20:44
Islam at Blackbushe Aviation.

Blackbushe Aviation- Welcome (http://redairflightcentres.com/blackbushe/)

500 above
24th Nov 2008, 10:09
Hi

You could try Bruce Hutton at WLAC White Waltham. Sorry, no number to hand. A very nice chap!

Mark 1
24th Nov 2008, 10:17
If it's for the 1 hour dual instruction flight, you don't need an examiner any suitable instructor will do and can sign your log book.

An examiner will only be needed to sign off the rating revalidation in your licence.

jerezflyer
7th Dec 2008, 20:02
I have a PPL. I have flown about 20 hours since I was issued with it in June 2006. My SEP rating expired in June this year. I havent flown since November 2007. What do I have to do to revalidate my SEP rating? Is it just an hour with an instructor for a checkride?? As I have flown more than the 12 hours during the 2 year validity....
Thanks for any advice.

julian_storey
7th Dec 2008, 20:44
A SEP (land) class rating can be revalidated in one of two ways.

1) If you have flown 12 hours in the SECOND 12 months of the two year validity period of your rating (one of which needs to be flown with an instructor) then you just need to find an examiner to sign your Certificate of Experience. This needs to be done BEFORE the end of the two year period.

2) If you have not met these requirements, then you need to do a flight test with an examiner.

Because your C of E has expired, then you will need to do a flight test anyway.