PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Cherokee Crash

Old Fella
7th Nov 2008, 10:55
ABC News reports a fatal crash at Bathurst this evening. It is reported that four occupants received fatal injuries when a Piper Cherokee crashed after takeoff, about 1.5 Kms from the Bathurst Airport. Debris was widespread indicating the impact was at high speed.

sammypilot
7th Nov 2008, 15:30
The Aviation Safety Network reports that a Piper PA31 Navajo crashed shortly after take off from Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. All four persons on board were killed. Presumably the same incident.

Old Fella
7th Nov 2008, 20:47
News reports today (Saturday) have amended the type to Piper Navajo. First reports said the aircraft had taken off from Bathurst for Taree at about 8.30 pm EDST.

juliack
9th Nov 2008, 00:36
The pilots' name was Timothy O'brien and I met him two years ago at our family Christmas party. He was dating my sister in-law at the time. I was looking forward to an airplane safari in his Chieftain as my wife and I have never visited Australia. From what my sister in-law said to me he was a very diligent and professional pilot. I would not want to speculate the reason for the crash but hope for a timely closure for their families. Cheers