PDA

View Full Version : PPL Flight Test Within 45hrs

Okavango
6th Nov 2008, 09:23
Hi. I've now done 43hrs and informed I'm ready to apply for my flight test. It's assumed this will be a minimum of 2hrs so will take me over the 45hr threshold to gain my license. Is this normal assuming you've got to the standard? I have a package deal so was expecting 45hrs instruction, though as aircraft hire for the test would be extra anyway, I guess I may as well take the test. Does this sound ok or does anyone know of any drawback (other than less instruction time)?

BackPacker
6th Nov 2008, 09:35
A package deal typically incorporates 25 hours dual instruction and a grand total of 45 hours aircraft hire, as that is the legal minimum.

If you are ready for your skills test but do not have 45 hours in total, don't worry. A successful skills test is logged as P1 (not as dual) and will take approximately two hours anyway. And if you don't have 45 hours at the end of your skills test, simply fly some more under normal pre-PPL solo conditions (no passengers yet allowed, and needs a sign-out from an instructor) until you hit the 45. Then send off the paperwork.

You do not need 45 hours to start (or end) your skills test. You just require 45 hours TT and a successful skills test for license issue, but necessarily in that order.

If you're on an integrated, intensive course it's not uncommon to be in your situation by the way. I was on such a course and had something like 46 hours TT at the end of my skills test.

Whopity
6th Nov 2008, 13:22
In fact you can take the test after 35 hours; 25 dual and 10 solo provided you have completed all the training.

tuscan
6th Nov 2008, 19:31
It may take some time between applying and getting your test date. Make sure you keep your skills topped up in the meantime, even if this costs you extra.
You dont want to fail just for the sake of keeping within your package price, that would be a false economy.

Good luck:ok: