PDA

View Full Version : Another amazing survival . . . . . !

AMEandPPL
31st Oct 2008, 13:51
It was not so long ago we read of a mid-air collision which all on board survived. Now just look at this , one light aircraft lands on top of another, and nobody hurt . . . . !

BBC NEWS | World | Plane lands on other on runway (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7406041.stm)

flyvirgin
31st Oct 2008, 14:21
WOW.:eek::eek: How did this happen!!!!!
Do you think it was a "air to ground" airfield.
Im gobsmacked.

DB6
31st Oct 2008, 16:32
Now THAT's what I call a blindspot! (x2) :E.

172driver
31st Oct 2008, 16:41
That's what I call precision flying, landed right on the wing :ok:

Glad they walked away :D

fadedfootpaths
31st Oct 2008, 17:07
That was funny!! Glad that noone was hurt:E:D

tuscan
31st Oct 2008, 18:21
MTOW ???????

airborne_artist
31st Oct 2008, 20:54
"Hey Mommy, are those two airplanes doing what you and Dad were doing that time I walked in your room on Sunday morning?"

broadreach
1st Nov 2008, 01:01
The red one looks like a Stinson. Nice to see how strong they are and how the old birds seem to bestow luck on their owners or pilots. Last one I saw in the flesh took off just ahead of us at Bridgeport, Connecticut, 45 years ago. Met up with him five - ten minutes later when his port wing slipped neatly under our stbd wing as we climbed out and banked west. The look on his face - mine too probably, I was in the right seat - would have been a good model for Munch.

prettygrumman
2nd Nov 2008, 08:20
Any landing you walk away from is a good landing!

Airbus Girl
2nd Nov 2008, 11:54
OK. I'm guessing the low wing pilot won't be able to talk his way out of that one.......

pronane
2nd Nov 2008, 13:08
"Hey Mommy, are those two airplanes doing what you and Dad were doing that time I walked in your room on Sunday morning?"

Very good! :D

Sir George Cayley
2nd Nov 2008, 21:03
This incident happened many months ago. I commented at the time that it showed just how strong Stinsons were.:ok:

keep up at the back there:D

Sir George Cayley

AMEandPPL
3rd Nov 2008, 00:25
Well spotted, Sir George ! !

The BBC News item was brought to my attention, and I just thought it would be interesting to post it here. I never even noticed the date on the article of May 2008 ! !

Mind you, Mrs AMEandPPL says there's a lot of things I just don't notice nowadays . . . . . how do you spell Alzheimers again ?

flyingman-of-kent
3rd Nov 2008, 00:33
This is another truly amazing survival - I don't know any more details than the video.

News of the World: The Best for News, Showbiz and Sport Exclusives| News Of The World (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/?videoId=2160_59104&videoChannel=NOTW:Web%20Fun)