PDA

View Full Version : PPL H to PPH A

rattle
26th Oct 2008, 16:45
Hi

I am looking at starting a PPLA with a view to eventually finding an aircraft to fly 5 people on say 500nm trips. I have 250 hours of rotary experience, so seem to remember this means I don't have to resit all the exams. Where would anybody recommend around west london for the PPL, will it take me more time than I would expect coming from rotary, and what would anybody suggest the goal would be in aircraft type please? I can google aircraft sales when I know what I need, but some suggestions and running costs would be greatly appreciated. Assume I know nothing and you won't be far wrong!

Thanks in advance.

Whirlygig
26th Oct 2008, 18:08
When you say 250 hours rotary experience, does that mean a JAA PPL(H) or UK CAA PPL(H) or higher? If not, then you'd have to do the PPL exams. If you have a PPL(H), I think you have to take a aeroplane principles of flight paper.

Cheers

Whirls

rattle
26th Oct 2008, 18:13
UK CAA PPL(H).

thanks!

scooter boy
27th Oct 2008, 12:23
Hi Rattle - with your foray into plank-land your location will need to reflect that you may be found sitting in either the right or left seat.

The seating protocol helps me to remember what I'm flying!
Good luck with the training, (I did it the other way round A to H).
SB

airborne_artist
27th Oct 2008, 13:45
an aircraft to fly 5 people on say 500nm trips

That narrows it down a bit ;)

Droopystop
27th Oct 2008, 22:10
Stuff the fixed wing - an Agusta 109 with stops for coffee and lunch (ok fuel as well) would be the way to go :E

Oh well back to those Euro millions numbers!