PDA

View Full Version : Aviation certified display?

ft
17th Oct 2008, 14:22
I’m trying to find a display for installing in an aircraft for testing purposes. The main requirements are:

800x600 resolution
A maximum of 160 mm high (landscape layout)
VGA connection

Preferably touch-screen, but MFD style with frame buttons would do. We could add buttons ourselves if we had to, but COTS would be a lot nicer.

Preferably not widescreen

Dimmable is a big plus.

Any suggestions on where to look welcome! I thought it would be easy, but if it fits the form factor the resolution typically is too low.

I hope I'm not abusing this forum by asking for commercial pointers. Mods, please let me know if I am.

Rgds,
/Fred

mnttech
17th Oct 2008, 14:57
For what use? (Flight data I.E. PFD/MFD/EICAS or just displaying data) US aircraft or other?

ft
17th Oct 2008, 17:28
Ah, rather important bit of information missing there. It will not be part of the flight instrumentation system. Good-to-have information, but no requirements on reliability. If it goes black, it's not detrimental to safety.

Obviously it will have to pass EMI tests etc. We can do that but would rather not. Non-US aircraft, no pax involved.

Rainboe
17th Oct 2008, 18:50
Sounds like you want the Dynon D180 or D120 range. Google it.

ft
17th Oct 2008, 23:24
Rainboe,
thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately those won't do custom graphics, event though they are neat pieces of kit. As I said, I need a display with VGA input.