PDA

View Full Version : Trainer training

jamesIST
13th Oct 2008, 17:13
Hi guys. I currently work for a company outside the uk. They want me to start teaching groundschool for their type rating courses. Are there any courses in the uk or europe specifically designed for new teachers of groundschool courses. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks james

Whopity
20th Oct 2008, 19:59
All Flight Instructor qualifications include a Teaching and Learning core course, this is usually embedded into the main course but occasionally may be run as a stand alone course. AOPA sponsor a ground instructor course based upon the core course which may be conducted at any approved FTO offering Instructor courses.

To teach on an approved Type rating course, the approving Authority will want to be satisfied that you are appropriately qualified before they issue an approval. You should check their requirements.

noblades
20th Oct 2008, 21:01
James.

I do not want to appear as being critical but, how much ground school did you do towards your fi rating? was it done iaw jar or did fto do favour and sidestep most of ground in favour of flying? some schools will cover the basic ground briefs but completely ignore AMC in 1.125/2.125.

If you hold a current fi then maybe do a good fi refresher seminar, if done correctly then should cover most of fundimentals that should have been done as foundation on initial fi training.

Good luck regardless,

NB