PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL Type Rating

yassou
6th Oct 2008, 13:01
I am a commercial pilot in Tunisia. This past May I was in Colorado and received both my FAA PPL & ATPL. I didn't realize at the time that my ATP would not be type rated, so now I would like to get it type rated to the A320. I have an ICAO ATPL that is type rated to the A320 and that information was already submitted to the FAA when I applied for my Foreign Airman Certification. I have been flying the A319/320/321 since 2000 with my company and have over 5000 total hours, and over 400 hours for the past six months on this aircraft.

I am looking for an A32 FAA Examiner in Colorado so that I may get my ATP type rated.

scorpilot
1st Mar 2009, 07:56
Hello,

I have an ICAO ATPL with A 320 Command Rating and would like to get the same on a FA ATPL...did you find out yet??( I do have a FAA COMM )

I you could share the same with me.

Thanks,

Sanjay

julian_storey
2nd Mar 2009, 15:37
I have an ICAO ATPL with A 320 Command Rating and would like to get the same on a FA ATPL...did you find out yet??

I'd should imagine you just need to pass the ATP written exam, then do an FAA check ride in an A320 SIM?

Crosswind Limits
2nd Mar 2009, 17:35
I think he already has an FAA ATP just no type rating appended to it! Probably an ATP with just an ASEL and/or AMEL. I think your best bet would be to write to the FAA Flight Standards Section and see what they say. Perhaps you can add the 320 rating to it without doing anything more!

Good Luck!