PDA

View Full Version : flying schools in cheshire

jamieerst
1st Oct 2008, 12:12
Hi,

can anyone recommend any good flying schools in and around cheshire..

i have had a trial flight from barton and have got the bug, i could go with the company that did my trial lesson but i though i should ask around first...

ideally i would like a school where i could pay in bulk for the lessons...

thanks

jamie.

Brian304
1st Oct 2008, 13:00
Well you could go to Ravenair both in liverpool and Barton, or liverpool flying school.

Brian304:ok:

flightlevel1985
1st Oct 2008, 19:40
LAC at Barton are nice and friendly in my experience

Slipstream86
1st Oct 2008, 22:42
I fly with Flintshire Flying School based at Hawarden which is a few miles from Chester.
phone number is: 01244531723.

I have nothing but praise for this little school. Great relaxed atmosphere, Paul Diamond top guy!

ideally i would like a school where i could pay in bulk for the lessons...

I doubt you will have trouble finding a school to take vast sums of money for training upfront!!
Be careful with that mate. there are plenty of poor folk who have lost out!

happy flying:}

Legal Beagle
1st Oct 2008, 22:45
Nothing doing in Cheshire so apart from Liverpool or Barton - which would be fine - I would suggest you go and talk to Flintshire Flying School at Hawarden.

Hawarden is only a couple of miles from Chester, and is just over the border in Wales, so it is the nearest there is to an airfield in Cheshire.

Further afield you could try Shropshire Aero Club at Sleap, south of Whitchurch.

Happy flying!

jamieerst
2nd Oct 2008, 08:33
thanks guys...

i will have a look into those...

Absoulutley lad
26th Oct 2008, 20:41
I would recomend Ravenair. You get the best of both worlds as you cpuld either fly from Liverpool for most of your training and do some at Barton so you are experienced with both large FIS airfield and ATC airfield. You could do this without having to worry about changing A/C or instructor.

Also as you did your Trial lesson there, you could stay with Tomahawks and even with the same instructor.

If you have any questions about Ravenair, just ask.

Also, Paul Diamond has left Hawarden now.

Pilotpaul787
27th Oct 2008, 12:49
I'd have to recommend Merseyflight at Liverpool. I started with Ravenair originally but have since done over 20 hours at Merseyflight which I would greatly recommend. http://www.merseyflight.com/ (http://www.merseyflight.com/)

Brian304
28th Oct 2008, 02:14
Its the first of "Merseyflight" that I've heard of, is it a new school by any chance? where is all of there aircraft hangered?

Brian304:ok:

steveja
19th Nov 2008, 12:22
These people are bunch of arrogant unhelpful people. The guy who takes the bookings at their head office is very impolite, arrogant and snobby person I have every spoken to. They forget that we are the customers and they should be helpful. Their fleet is most outdated PA-38 I have ever seen. Every time you book a flight, you will have new instructor who hasn’t got a clue what you haven’t done in the past and makes you to take extra lessons. If you are a payment behind they treat you like a criminal.
To be honest I was thinking of doing my CPL with raven air but after what has been happening I will try another school.

So my recommendation is: RAVEN AIR WASTE OF MONEY AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER